NY Times Article on Henderson

I covered him via the Minnesota Sports Broadcast Network during this past season and the way he carried himself on the sidelines and off the field when cameras were NOT on him....there was a lot of arrogance there, and it does seem to come from daddy....definitely NOT a good fit chemistry-wise for the Hawks

This does not seem like a kid that is going to be driving his baby mama's Rover any time soon. I am sure that it was merely a coincidence that he took his last official visit to Miami, after he says he had already decided and it happened to be the week of the pro bowl.

In his mind he is already a star and he wants to be paid like one. Even if he is the next Orlando Pace, I am glad he didnt choose the hawks.

I found te last paragraph odd. He chose USC and LA because he was concerned about Miami's fast pace. Not to nit pick but that caught me as strange... Oh well good luck SH, I hope that your new coach can and will work all of that potential out of you.

Wow, that article contained a lot of ridiculousness. Off the top of my head:

1. Minnesota's antics...talk about desperation.
2. yeah making the coach wait while he gets his hair done--absurd, it's crazy what big time coaches have to put up with for the sake of recruiting
3. Seantrel played video games during Minnesota visit...good call
4. Calling a coach boring...guess he should have went to Illinois, Zook has never been accused of being boring
5. having Florida jersey in background even though they weren't in top 3, in other words he just wanted the biggest programs in his aura
6. I could go on but we all know this kid and his dad are a joke.

Agreed- lots of "ridiculousness" indeed!

Pretty funny though how he went from hanging out in the hottest Miami nightclubs with celebrity NFL'ers, immediately to what sounded like an estrogen infused cheesey love-fest with Brewster's coaches and their wives and children.

Wow, that article contained a lot of ridiculousness. Off the top of my head:

1. Minnesota's antics...talk about desperation.
2. yeah making the coach wait while he gets his hair done--absurd, it's crazy what big time coaches have to put up with for the sake of recruiting
3. Seantrel played video games during Minnesota visit...good call
4. Calling a coach boring...guess he should have went to Illinois, Zook has never been accused of being boring
5. having Florida jersey in background even though they weren't in top 3, in other words he just wanted the biggest programs in his aura
6. I could go on but we all know this kid and his dad are a joke.

This whole thing is weird

This could be the 1st time in the history of recruiting that a coach spent 90 (NINETY!) minutes waiting for a player to get his hair done. amazing

IMO this comment by Sean Henderson is really over dramatic, how are his kid’s birthdays and the NCAA hearing in anyway relevant to each other? :

"U.S.C. would appear before the N.C.A.A.’s committee on infractions from Feb. 19-21 because Seantrel’s two sisters have birthdays on Feb. 20 and Feb. 21.

“It’s just a lot,” he said. “It kind of seems like fate to a certain extent.”

I thought the most ridiculous part was when the article mentioned the strained relations with USC after it was announced Carroll was leaving. The dad's quote was, "We deserved a direct phone call, honestly."

What a joke! So glad this dip**** is not playing for Iowa

IMO this comment by Sean Henderson is really over dramatic, how are his kid’s birthdays and the NCAA hearing in anyway relevant to each other? :

"U.S.C. would appear before the N.C.A.A.’s committee on infractions from Feb. 19-21 because Seantrel’s two sisters have birthdays on Feb. 20 and Feb. 21.

“It’s just a lot,â€￾ he said. “It kind of seems like fate to a certain extent.â€￾

Wow. I missed that the first time I looked at the article. I'm not sure "over dramatic" is the right term. "Unbelievably stupid" may be a little more accurate. It makes absolutely no sense.

Sure SH might be a future 1st team all-american, 1st round blah,blah,blah...... what Iowa does is go out and find bright, top of their high school class, captians, leaders, and young men with true character. These guys can and will accomplish just as much and more by doing things the right way. Good luck SH and I truly hope you stay healthy enough to make your daddies dreams come true.

Publicly calling coach Tressel boring (Seantrel's words) and long winded (Sean's words) after he's been a guest in your home and has been nothing but professional and crazy-nice to you???!!!!

Along with Ferentz, I think Tressel and OSU dodged a bullet with this one.

I thought the most ridiculous part was when the article mentioned the strained relations with USC after it was announced Carroll was leaving. The dad's quote was, "We deserved a direct phone call, honestly."

The funny part about that is Sean Henderson was "stuck in an elevator for nearly two hours" :)

The funny part about that is Sean Henderson was "stuck in an elevator for nearly two hours" :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YES!
I noticed that, too! Tuffy Tuff Street Dad was actually trapped in a measly little elevator?!?
What the hey?;)
I'd a thunk ol' shawn I mean sean tuffy-tuff-super-pop could have skinned up the cable and talked his way to safety.
Fn idiot blowhard helicopter parent, for all the wrong reasons.

Thanks for posting this article. It makes it very easy to see how Iowa and him didn't fit.
I think this kid will never make it at a school unless his attitude changes. I just wonder how the heck they are gonna get his Dad as his roomate since he enjoys the spot light
more than his son.

what about the grades? I mean I know that they have ways of getting around that, but with the ncaa up usc's rearend, I can't think they'll sway too much. I think it would be hilarious to see this kid in a juco somewhere. I don't wish the kid any bad luck, but his dad needs a lesson. If my kid was in those shoes, you can sure as hell bet he would be eligible. what a joke. I see self destruction on the horizon. JMO

Publicly calling coach Tressel boring (Seantrel's words) and long winded (Sean's words) after he's been a guest in your home and has been nothing but professional and crazy-nice to you???!!!!

Along with Ferentz, I think Tressel and OSU dodged a bullet with this one.

I've never been a huge fan of the vest but this is the one time I'm firmly in his corner. What a great way to start your college career....by badmouthing proven winners. Well done Sean/trel.

I've never been a huge fan of the vest but this is the one time I'm firmly in his corner. What a great way to start your college career....by badmouthing proven winners. Well done Sean/trel.

Sean/trel - very fitting!

Latest posts