Nwankpa Picked The Hawks

Next year
Yeah there's no reason for him to decide now. He can slow play it. Iowa and everyone else will save him a scholly it's not like he wouldn't get one. As nice as it'd be if he'd commit this far out he just doesn't have to. There's a million what ifs between now and then.

I have to think that the crowd may not have reacted quite the same had he chosen different haha. That had to be a fun moment for his family and him. Now he can study up on PPs defense. Who thinks he might play day 1 and if so to what extent?

Is Koerner coming back to use covid yr? Is Belton going to test NFL waters? Those to me are the questions with our back end. I think Moss will be back with Roberts at other corner.
So Merriweather at the 1 safety spot leaves 1 maybe 2 open. So we have DeJean who burned his RS this yr and Craddieth & Shulte all on roster yet. I'm not sure if it's a given that Nwankpa starts day 1 but if he can get the mental part of PPs D down we can't rule it out. Physically he's pretty much good to go. His ball skills are elite and why he's so highly thought of. Can't wait to see him play.

He’s really keyed into the NFL; seems like he wants to get there as soon as possible. So, he’d likely fight KF on any pressure toward the red shirt.

Got a source for that?
Yeah, a local news segment here in Des Moines interviewing him some days ago. I don’t remember the network, but he said, ”His goal since he was little has been to be in the NFL and Iowa’s success (reputation) for getting its secondary to the NFL has been great.” … or some such similar wording.

Yeah, a local news segment here in Des Moines interviewing him some days ago. I don’t remember the network, but he said, ”His goal since he was little has been to be in the NFL and Iowa’s success (reputation) for getting its secondary to the NFL has been great.” … or some such similar wording.
But that’s not a comment that would lead one to believe that he’s going to try and leave early

But that’s not a comment that would lead one to believe that he’s going to try and leave early
Yes, you’re right of course, but in hearing his voice while describing his goals would likely lead someone to believe he’s anxious to say he’s “in the NFL.” My thought was that if someone has had such a fixation since childhood, and as his ‘body’ already seems quite advanced for still being a high school kid (kind of like the 17-year-old Wisconsin RB – Braelon Allen), that he might just have the confidence to want to compete in the NFL at his earliest opportunity and pick up the prestige and ‘paycheck.’ But my verbiage here was simply relating to all the talk of redshirts in the previous posts in this topic. I, personally, can’t imagine the headstrong nature of a 5-star. But fortunate 5-stars must have tons of confidence about their capabilities to perform in the NFL, college or not, heh, heh. While it generally takes these guys 5 years to graduate, I’d assume someone like Nwankpa might try to academically minimize that in any way possible, also including dissuading attempts to redshirt him. But I get it; I should’ve taken the edge off my post a bit.

Latest posts