NW game and fan stripes in the stadium

MNHawkeyeFreak

Last year for the PSU game there were lots of reminders about the game and everyone wearing the appropriate black or gold depending on their section. Everybody was worried that the fans weren't going to come through but they did and it was awesome.

This year I haven't see much about it. I think I've received one email about it. All I know is I wear black like last year. Does everybody know what color they're wearing?

Last year for the PSU game there were lots of reminders about the game and everyone wearing the appropriate black or gold depending on their section. Everybody was worried that the fans weren't going to come through but they did and it was awesome.

This year I haven't see much about it. I think I've received one email about it. All I know is I wear black like last year. Does everybody know what color they're wearing?
BLACK BABY! That means the Marvin McNutt jersey!

The ticket office email:

Saturday's game is the second annual Black and Gold Spirit Game and, like a year ago, we're asking you to help us "stripe" Kinnick Stadium. Just like last year, if your seat location in Kinnick is in an even numbered section of one of the stadium's grandstands or anywhere in the Mediacom Outdoor Club of the Paul W. Brechler Press Box, you wear GOLD. If your seat location is in an odd numbered section or you are a UI student who will be seated in the UI Student Section of Kinnick, you wear BLACK. We need 100 percent participation, so "Gear Up!" - get your favorite black or gold out of the closet and show your support for the Hawkeyes!

I could not possibly be any less excited for this game.

100% opposite for me. I cannot wait to get back into Kinnick. Night game, I hate Northwestern, its going to be a great atmosphere. You can mope around all you want. You are just another fickle Hawkeye fan. Unfortunately there are a lot of people like you.

100% opposite for me. I cannot wait to get back into Kinnick. Night game, I hate Northwestern, its going to be a great atmosphere. You can mope around all you want. You are just another fickle Hawkeye fan. Unfortunately there are a lot of people like you.

I guarantee I have been to more games in the last 3 games than you have in your entire life.

Welcome to the bandwagon.

I guarantee I have been to more games in the last 3 games than you have in your entire life.

Welcome to the bandwagon.

You have been to more games in the last 3 games, than I have my entire life...That sentence doesn't make any sense. You're a ****** fan plain and simple. I have missed 1 home game in 12 years. And welcome to what bandwagon? You must be drinking, because you are making no sense at all.

You have been to more games in the last 3 games, than I have my entire life...That sentence doesn't make any sense. You're a ****** fan plain and simple. I have missed 1 home game in 12 years. And welcome to what bandwagon? You must be drinking, because you are making no sense at all.

damn it Freak, look what you started.:p:D

IIRC, last years ticket had the color to wear printed on it. Really hope the fans come through again, like last year...it was impressive. Also, this is a huge recruiting weekend...let's do our part.

Got an email yesterday from the athletic department and I think thats the first I have seen come through regarding the stripes. Last year it seemed like I got one every week reminding people what color to wear.

It also mentioned that they are doing 2 "card stunts" in pregame. One during the national anthem and another right after to coincide with ANF day. I hope those work out great because that could be quite a sight.

F yeah.

If you're a competitive person, or have ever been one, you probably feel this way. Go get em. Great post.

I could not possibly be any less excited for this game.

Bully for you.

Maybe you should be a Minnesota fan, or an Iowa State fan.

Or, even a Northwestern fan. When's the last time they won a bowl?

If you have a nanogram of testosterone in your body, you want Iowa to kill northwestern.

Don't get me wrong, I was brutally disappointed last week. But, it's a game, and life goes on. Go hawks.

I'm glad you feel this way, I'm also excited. Any game at Kinnick is a huge event, and I'm going to enjoy it. GO HAWKS!

Hawkeye fans pulled the "stripes" gig off beautifully last year, it was very impressive! Although I was at the game, it didnt look as clear as it did on tv or the pictures.
Call me crazy, but I think they should try something different, like maybe black and gold rows all the way around the stadium. first 12 rows black, next 12 gold and so on.
I think people get more excited trying something new and seeing how it turns out.

Latest posts