Nuggets of wisdom from Goopherville

How is posting the dumb things gophers say "stooping to their level"?:confused:

I don't know. I just feel like their sight is their sight to homer it up safely. Going over there, posting their thoughts over here and laughing about them is maybe a little tacky. If they post over here, it's different. Just never been a fan of trolling other boards. Maybe my best play was to just ignore this thread.

That reminds me of the time the Iowa player ran into the field goal post at Michigan State and knocked it down. I believe that was back in the early eighties. Iowa is hard on the little fellas. :)

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...n-East-Lansing-174427201.html&h=5AQGbrpw5&s=1

That I believe was Merton Hanks...they were temporary wood goal posts, so as not to have the good ones destroyed in post-game celebration. Merton Hanks is now an executive of some type in the NFL dealing with player policy and infractions.

Of all the pathetic, jealous fan bases out there (Wisconsin and Iowa St), Minnesota fans get a bit of a pass from me. We did go into THEIR house and tear down the goal posts. Carried parts of them through the turn styles and deposited pieces all along I-35.
Some of you might say, "But that was 13 years ago, Lightning". To which my response is, "That kind of humiliation lasts 2 or 3 generations!"

I saw numerous posts that indicated they were still heated about the bathroom sex more than the goalposts. Maybe they have a hard time getting any up there?

I don't know. I just feel like their sight is their sight to homer it up safely. Going over there, posting their thoughts over here and laughing about them is maybe a little tacky. If they post over here, it's different. Just never been a fan of trolling other boards. Maybe my best play was to just ignore this thread.

We're not trolling their boards. We're simply doing enemy recon (just like Sean Neugent does for this website). Now if we engaged them on their own boards, that would be trolling. Sit back, relax, crack a cold one, and allow yourself to enjoy this season and laugh at other teams and their fans.

I saw numerous posts that indicated they were still heated about the bathroom sex more than the goalposts. Maybe they have a hard time getting any up there?

In a weird way, I miss the dome. A lot of good memories in there.

They think that we are just a bunch of sloppy drunks..........oh wait, never mind.

We're not trolling their boards. We're simply doing enemy recon (just like Sean Neugent does for this website). Now if we engaged them on their own boards, that would be trolling. Sit back, relax, crack a cold one, and allow yourself to enjoy this season and laugh at other teams and their fans.

EXACTLY!! What is it with everyone getting their panties wadded up around here over perceived slights? Good night, what is this University of Missouri?

"Iowa is basically a 5-4 football team"

Colin Blowhard posting on that site?

They're right. We're a 5-4 football team with 9 wins and no losses though 9 games. We just never got that memo that we were supposed to have lost 4 of those 9 games.

As Iowans, as Midwesterners, I think we have a tendency to be worriers, to be reserved, not sexy pants, not aggressive, sell ourselves short, etc. so translating that to football fans, we worry even when we shouldn't. Ask yourself this. If you were an opposing team of Iowa this year consider what you would be looking at. A good rush defense with JaKill solidly in the middle. the nations leading int man. A good run blocking o line with a couple future pros on it, capable stable of backs. GOOD blocking and catching tight ends and recovers that can make plays and do not drop balls. To top it off a very good qb and a very well coached team. Should we be scared of the goofs? Absolutelyfukingnot. They should be scared of us.

You got MHA, my old conference from 100 yrs ago......yes, I was a Go-Hawk....but now wear the orange/black 30 minutes north, home of the great Greg Bruuuuuunnnnnner

There's been some good ones in that conference. My uncles Oelwein team actually beat bruners team. I think they just clogged the middle on him. I think that was the team that had majerus (Iowa tight end) and sanders (uni qb).

You are correct, I remember Sanders playing in CC (kid was on fire that night), made a 3 turned and ran by the CC bench stared down our varsity coach....ha ha, I'll never forget that...Majerus was such a monster, I remember him in baseball also....took a fastball over the right field fence, that I think landed in 1hawkeye1's backyard in Clear Lake....great group of athletes...went to State in football, basketball, and baseball that year..

As Iowans, as Midwesterners, I think we have a tendency to be worriers, to be reserved, not sexy pants, not aggressive, sell ourselves short, etc. so translating that to football fans, we worry even when we shouldn't. Ask yourself this. If you were an opposing team of Iowa this year consider what you would be looking at. A good rush defense with JaKill solidly in the middle. the nations leading int man. A good run blocking o line with a couple future pros on it, capable stable of backs. GOOD blocking and catching tight ends and recovers that can make plays and do not drop balls. To top it off a very good qb and a very well coached team. Should we be scared of the goofs? Absolutelyfukingnot. They should be scared of us.

Absolutely agree 100%! Going to enjoy the hog pile on the goofers! Go Hawks!

Nnerland: "they are the most delusional fans around. I say delusional as they honestly think they are a TOP 10 national program....."

More from the brilliant mind of Nnerland: "Remember, they had to schedule a WRESTLING match the same day to drum up interest for this day. It wasn't until a week or so ago they sold out the game."

Latest posts