Now that we have seen the team in action...

I'm not sure what you saw today that would make you think we are much better than almost any team on our schedule. NIU had a very inexperienced offense and a defense that wasn't all that great last year. They would have beat us if it hadn't been for a nice run by Mr. Bullock. I now believe every game is questionable except for Central Michigan, and maybe PSU, whose offense will be as bad as ours.

I just don't base my expectations on a week to week basis. That is what ESPN does. My expectations are a certain standard. They are every year. And, to be honest, it's because the other 9 teams on our teams on our schedule aren't Alabama. Again, for me, the bar won't be and shouldn't be lowered. It won't be lowered if they lose next week, and the next week. The 9 teams on our schedule outstide of Mich, MSU and Nebby are games Iowa should win. Period.

The team that played yesterday does not beat ISU, Purdue, NW, Nebby, UM, MSU, and has their hands full with UNI.

That being said, I don't think we see that exact team again.

I just don't base my expectations on a week to week basis. That is what ESPN does. My expectations are a certain standard. They are every year. And, to be honest, it's because the other 9 teams on our teams on our schedule aren't Alabama. Again, for me, the bar won't be and shouldn't be lowered. It won't be lowered if they lose next week, and the next week. The 9 teams on our schedule outstide of Mich, MSU and Nebby are games Iowa should win. Period.

I'm with you bama! Been a Hawk fan for 56 years... and I do not get this defeatist attitude on here. Makes me wonder why some people are even on this site.:confused:

In the scenario that Iowa goes 9-3, they may be the worst BCS 9-3 team ever. This schedule sucks. Which is good for a young, potentially rebuilding team.

I'm with you bama! Been a Hawk fan for 56 years... and I do not get this defeatist attitude on here. Makes me wonder why some people are even on this site.:confused:

amen

I'll stick with 7-5 as the most likely outcome.

The Iowa State game is important this year. Need to get some of those failures off the team's back.

Just a question for Hawk fans....would it be a stretch to take Morris out on obvious passing plays and put a FS/SS at that spot who has the ability to cover and the speed to keep up with a QB that likes to run? Just a thought, I would say Nico Law would be perfect for that spot.

It never fails to amaze me how all spring and summer we do nothing but wait for football season to get here. Then when it's here we do nothing but complain after starting the season 1-0. Why can't we just enjoy the fact that we won, hope the team gets better game by game, and simply enjoy the season. I for one may be delusional, but I don't wait 9 months to have football again on Saturday afternoons just to throw in the towel and start looking toward next year. We're going to get better, our opponents will most likely get better let's let things play out on the field.

Latest posts