Now that we have seen the team in action...

They have their hands full with ISU and UNI. Both games are going to be tough to win, even at home.

Central Michigan should be an easy win.

B10 will be brutal on Iowa. Still looking at 3-5 in the conference.

The offense will get a lot better...I just don't know when that will be. Defense really rallied in second half, great to see. My expectations for them have not changed however. I don't think 9-3 is attainable and 8-4 is going to be very tough to reach.

If they win next week, I think 8-4 still in play due to weak schedule...lose next week and 7-5 is probably the high.

Anywhere from 4-8 to 9-3. This team isn't good but Ferentz has found ways to win with bad teams before and this schedule isn't tough. Today did nothing to change that. In fact, I am a little more confidant in the defense (though their QB was terrible). If they can play well and the offense gets over what I hope was opening day rust, they could be decent.

I still see Iowa as a team that will look better on paper than they really are. They might finish a respectable 8-4 or even 9-3 but they are definately a middle of the road team. And from what they showed today their character is much the same as in previous years. Predictable, conservative. Just a bit more up tempo.

I still see Iowa as a team that will look better on paper than they really are. They might finish a respectable 8-4 or even 9-3 but they are definately a middle of the road team. And from what they showed today their character is much the same as in previous years. Predictable, conservative. Just a bit more up tempo.

Is 9-3 a middle of the road team? How hard is it to get 1 win? AS for you dissing the character of this team... you are waaay wrong.

This team fought back, didn't give up and WON.

You, on the other hand, have done nothing.

Is 9-3 a middle of the road team? How hard is it to get 1 win? AS for you dissing the character of this team... you are waaay wrong.This team fought back, didn't give up and WON.You, on the other hand, have done nothing.

this. i love the "experts" on here that know what we should do. kind of like the politicians out there. they dont know how to fix it...they just know the othe is wrong guy

Defense bounced back the second half which exceeded my expectations. offense did not look great today. i see us being 6-6. going to be tough going if we struggle in the red zone.

6-6 will be A LOT of close games and disappointing losses. And that is with our weak schedule in mind.

I don't know how this season will turn out, but those judging the whole season by this game may want to look at how 2009 turned out. We beat UNI by 1 point and ended up playing in the Orange Bowl.

Latest posts