Now that NU is in, Missouri should be next

Nothing mind-blowing or earth shattering news - I just think Missouri should be the next school invited.

I would rather have a school that wants to join than a school that think it's too good for the conference (Notre Dame) or a school that might get up and leave (Texas).

What do you guys think?

i think rutgers will get the next offer

of course i'm pretty sure ND and texas already pretty much have invites

Nothing mind-blowing or earth shattering news - I just think Missouri should be the next school invited.

I would rather have a school that wants to join than a school that think it's too good for the conference (Notre Dame) or a school that might get up and leave (Texas).

What do you guys think?

I disagree. At the end of the day, I want schools that can either bring enough name recognition or cache to raise the profile of the conference or bring enough revenue in to pay their own way. Whether they "REALLY" want to be here doesn't sit high enough on my list to care one way or the other. ISU REALLY wants to be here, but it ain't happening. Missouri brings no name recognition or cache to raise the profile of the conference and I'm not convinced that people in STL or KC give a crap enough about Missouri to allow them to be able to pay their own way via subscriber revenue.

My preference is to see ND and TX get in and then be done. Split the teams into 2 divisions with Nebby, TX, PSU, IA, Wisky, Minnesota and Illinois in one division and OSU, Mich, ND, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue and Northwestern in the other.

My preference is to see ND and TX get in and then be done. Split the teams into 2 divisions with Nebby, TX, PSU, IA, Wisky, Minnesota and Illinois in one division and OSU, Mich, ND, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue and Northwestern in the other.

So you would take all of the Western teams and the farthest Eastern team and make that a division? Tha makes no sense.

Rutgers is a smoke screen. Take Nebraska, de-stabilize the Big XII South. Court ND publically because that is what everyone expects you to do while threatening to take Rutgers to de-stabilize the Big East. Backchannel Texas while adding Missouri to secure the fate of Big XII. Either Texas comes or ND gets scared and knocks first.

However, Texas is run by a bunch of ego-centered and arrogent people who think they play on God's All-Star Team or something, so they will do what they want regardless of whats best for them. Our best shot is to let them destroy the Pac-250 or however many are there at the end and scare ND into closing the deal.

The more I read from Orangebloods, I mean UT, the more I hope they never get the chance to join the big 10. I'm pretty sure UT's ego will destroy any conference they touch. And I think the best path to get ND to join is the formation of the Pac16, which would give rise to the super conference.

At any rate Missouri doesn't add anything to the goals of landing ND or more TV's.

So you would take all of the Western teams and the farthest Eastern team and make that a division? Tha makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. The Big 10 is NOT going to make the same mistake the Big 12 made by stacking one of the divisions. The 6 MAIN teams after it's all done will be: OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Texas and Notre Dame. You have to split them up 3 and 3. Obviously OSU and Michigan have to be in the same division to keep that rivalry. So that leaves only one spot open. Of the ones that are left, Notre Dame has the best rivlary with Michigan, so I think they go there.

Geography doesn't mean much when it only takes 2 hours to get from Happy Valley to Iowa City by plane.

I say leave it at 12.... Rutgers vs Iowa sounds like a better women's basketball matchup than a football rivalry

Missouri has more to offer than you think. Besides, tv standpoint it offers more than Rutgers who is a definite maybe there is a chance of a possibility of getting some people to watch in that area. KC is predominantly Kansas fans, but you get to St Louis and the rest of southern Missouri and they like their Tigers. Plus it helps that a lot of Big Ten schools, including Iowa, recruit a lot in the St Louis area. I would say if the Big Ten doesnt go for them, then go for someone who would have meaning and a strong support, like Maryland or Virginia Tech.

I think we should just stop at 12. I mean do we really need 16 teams? They wont all be able to play each other, and with a league like that we would only get to own Penn State once every 5 years.

I think Missouri would be a great fit for the big10. they add kansas city/st louie to the big 10 market. Wouldnt be surprising if mizz is in big10 soon.

Rutgers is a smoke screen. Take Nebraska, de-stabilize the Big XII South. Court ND publically because that is what everyone expects you to do while threatening to take Rutgers to de-stabilize the Big East. Backchannel Texas while adding Missouri to secure the fate of Big XII. Either Texas comes or ND gets scared and knocks first.

However, Texas is run by a bunch of ego-centered and arrogent people who think they play on God's All-Star Team or something, so they will do what they want regardless of whats best for them. Our best shot is to let them destroy the Pac-250 or however many are there at the end and scare ND into closing the deal.

Holy crap, you are thinking deep! I do agree with most of what you say though. The PAC 250 cracks me up! I do hope Texas goes to the pac just because I'm pretty sure I can't properly deal with "Don't mess with Texas" or "Hook em Horns" in Kinnick after I have had a few beers and start heckling them. Or maybe they won't be able to take getting kicked in the horns by the Hawkeyes. Sure is going to be interesting though. Welcome Nebraska fans to our house (as long as you don't beat us 77-0 like the 70's) and you can have a beer at my tailgater anyday.

Holy crap, you are thinking deep! I do agree with most of what you say though. The PAC 250 cracks me up! I do hope Texas goes to the pac just because I'm pretty sure I can't properly deal with "Don't mess with Texas" or "Hook em Horns" in Kinnick after I have had a few beers and start heckling them. Or maybe they won't be able to take getting kicked in the horns by the Hawkeyes. Sure is going to be interesting though. Welcome Nebraska fans to our house (as long as you don't beat us 77-0 like the 70's) and you can have a beer at my tailgater anyday.

can i have one too?

What do you guys think?

Yes, Mizzou and Notre Dame.

I think we'll stop at 12 for now, and wait for the fallout. I feel that the biggest we get is 14 teams, and that's only if ND is one of them, otherwise we stay at 12.

No way... the Big Ten is going to 16. The college landscape will dictate 4 x 16 team super-conferences.

Rutgers, Maryland the next two for obvious reasons....

Georgia Tech if we can get them (establish footprint in SEC country + Atlanta market)...

Notre Dame if they want it.....

If not G-Tech, Notre Dame......
Next best options.... Missouri, Pittsburgh, Virginia

We are going to 16

Latest posts