Now that NU is in, Missouri should be next

Isn't this the same Missouri that backed out of a home and home set of football games with us just a couple of years ago. I remember that causing us a real scheduling headache. That's just weak. That is not what the BIG TEN is about!

Last edited:
Nothing mind-blowing or earth shattering news - I just think Missouri should be the next school invited.

I would rather have a school that wants to join than a school that think it's too good for the conference (Notre Dame) or a school that might get up and leave (Texas).

What do you guys think?

Just stay at 12 and watch Texas destroy the PAC. When Notre Dame is ready they'll come knocking but that's going to take a few years. Concentrate on integrating Nebraska and putting together TV deals with the PAC.

Rutgers and Maryland for obvious reasons? What are those? Why does everyone have a hard on for ND? It's not the 1970's.

Delaney made it clear that they are not just adding on a whim. Missouri does not fit the culture. The league will be judicious in this process. Slow and careful. They will only add two more,if ND is one. Period. ND and an eastern school,probably Rutgers...or maybe MD. Thats it folks...14 is the number. The slices of the pie get smaller with each addition,and each addition has to add a lot to the pie. Neb brought national program cred. ND does also, then Rutgers brings NY/NJ tvs...and balance.

It kinda makes me sad, Missouri - Nebraska play for the victory bell. Weve played 103 times and have played for the bell since the 20s. Heres alittle info.

Missouri?Nebraska football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That game needs to keep going, and Mizzou-Illinois, and Mizzou-Iowa. Those are 3 automatic great match-ups. Plus they have the dome in St. Louis. I think ND will be added, and then the Big Ten West will have Nebraska, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Nortwestern, and Missouri. That would mean that Nebraska and Notre Dame have the most football tradition, with Wisconsin and Iowa as up and coming teams. We don't need anymore powerhouse football programs in the West after Nebraska and Notre Dame.

Latest posts