Notre Dame vs the Ames High Cyclones Camping Bowl

The real question is why aren’t two top fifteen teams playing each other in Notre Dame vrs Iowa. That game would have some significance as the winning could jump into the top ten.

USC does nothing for Iowa and would only serve to give USC some love. If we win what does it prove. We’re ranked above them and should win. It would have been a little bit of a cherry on top to play and beat a top fifteen team.

IL sure thinks Iowa got away with one on their QB late. He missed the NW game.
He got hit plenty in that game. And i don't remember anyone sending us flowers when Corey Wooten knocked Stanzi out of the 2009 Northwestern game and we had to go into the Shoe with a true freshman QB.

I havent watched much of Notre Dame but I assume their defense is better than your normal Big 12 defense so I expect the clowns to have a tough game.

And it is going to get nauseating about how great their fan base is and how they will travel. Jaime Pollard is the greatest thing ever, blah, blah, blah. ND can't win by enough points.
Oh yes the clowns will take over Orlando. Bib overalls at Disney. I can hear it now..."Orlando has never seen anything like it, ran the state of Florida out of Busch Light, Boones Farm Apple and Sloe Gin"

Last edited:
The real question is why aren’t two top fifteen teams playing each other in Notre Dame vrs Iowa. That game would have some significance as the winning could jump into the top ten.

USC does nothing for Iowa and would only serve to give USC some love. If we win what does it prove. We’re ranked above them and should win. It would have been a little bit of a cherry on top to play and beat a top fifteen team.

Except we're playing them in damn near their backyard. Half their players will be sleeping at home and eating Mom's cooking. Advantage: USC.

Sounds like JP has changed his mind on bowl games. What a dirt bag. After his speech on why they chose the clowns I hope Notre Dame smokes their ass big time!

Also, Kansas State got screwed. Better record and won head-to-head but somehow ISU gets picked ahead of them.

I guess to me it's pretty simple. Bowls aren't obligated to go by standings. They go by the amount of butts in seats they'll get and the eyeballs on the TV. To be fair, ISU nor KSU will have near the eyeballs on the TV ND has but ISU will travel well as they brought 25-30k to the Alamo Bowl last year. The selection committee also realized while ISU was 7-5, they were just 4-5 plays from 11-1. They are one of only 3 teams to have not been beaten by more than 14 in the last 3 years...aka it'll be competitive.

However, I'd be pissed if I were a KSU fan its still all about the mighty dollar.

I’d much rather be playing ND than USC.
I guess to me it's pretty simple. Bowls aren't obligated to go by standings. They go by the amount of butts in seats they'll get and the eyeballs on the TV. To be fair, ISU nor KSU will have near the eyeballs on the TV ND has but ISU will travel well as they brought 25-30k to the Alamo Bowl last year. The selection committee also realized while ISU was 7-5, they were just 4-5 plays from 11-1. They are one of only 3 teams to have not been beaten by more than 14 in the last 3 years...aka it'll be competitive.

However, I'd be pissed if I were a KSU fan its still all about the mighty dollar.

Shouldn't Pollard be tweeting about how meaningless the Camping World Bowl really is? I mean the ISU fan base and players (Lazard) all agreed that bowls were meaningless 3 years ago.

I guess you are pretty new to this bowl thing. Hawkeye fans have known this for a very looooong time.

Shouldn't Pollard be tweeting about how meaningless the Camping World Bowl really is? I mean the ISU fan base and players (Lazard) all agreed that bowls were meaningless 3 years ago.

After some of the talks around here, alot of our fans agree. It was CFP or bust.

I kind of love the condescending reference to the Clones as "Ames" from my fellow posters.

After some of the talks around here, alot of our fans agree. It was CFP or bust.
I’d say Citrus and up or bust. NY6 games are meaningful, because they are marquee matchups that people actually care about. The Citrus is played between the two best conferences, and ends up being two teams that really should have played in the NY6, but couldn’t because some other teams that play in less competitive conferences won ten games and get auto bids instead. For example, No. 17 Memphis and No. 24 Virginia are playing in NY6 bowls ahead of No. 12 Auburn, No. 13 Alabama, No. 14 Michigan, No. 18 Michigan, who are playing on in the Citrus and Outback bowls.

Last edited:
Also hilariously, the Big 12 only has three teams in the final top 25, with the third being No. 25 Oklahoma State. SEC with five, Big Ten with six, ACC with two (Plus Notre Dame), Pac-12 with three. Go5 teams round out with top 25 with another five teams.

Latest posts