Notre Dame recruit dies after spring break accident

yeah i saw that - picked ND over OSU. i had just read that he fell from a balcony, didn't realize it was spring break. drunk?

I will not make that assumption. BUT it would not surprise me. PCB is NUTS on SB! It is ranked as the 2nd most popular SB destination in the world, behind Cancun. I went there for my high school senior year SB and again my freshmen year of college ('02 and '03 spring breaks), and I have never seen anything like it. They have tons of resorts where the balconies are a popular party spot, and it gets loud and crazy 24-7 the whole time you are there.

Again, I am not saying he was partying, or drunk. Definitely a sad story though.

This happens about once per year in Myrtle Beach, where I live. Sometimes alcohol is involved, but not always. Almost every time there is a fall like this the victim is climbing from one balcony to another. Very sad and so unnecessary.

He is the 2nd person to fall off a railing this spring. Both in PCB. Ouch.
When I see someone sitting on a railing, no matter the height, I grab them and yank them down. It usually startles them enough that they realize their stupidity. Scares the crap out of me when people sit on a railing.
I have known a few people to fall, luckily they are all still with us. Hopefully they have learned their lesson.

Too bad for this young man and his family.

Latest posts