Nothing on Sandfort ?

InGoodCo

Is any one still left here? Boo! Be above petty differences and come back and talk some hoops with me! Good get yes? Iowa hoops looks poised. What a difference a few years can make. From Jok’s disappointing SR year to preseason top 5. Iowa might just have a basketball team and coach. I want something tangible and I’ll take it in a pandemic.

Is any one still left here? Boo! Be above petty differences and come back and talk some hoops with me! Good get yes? Iowa hoops looks poised. What a difference a few years can make. From Jok’s disappointing SR year to preseason top 5. Iowa might just have a basketball team and coach. I want something tangible and I’ll take it in a pandemic.
I got your back, was watching my ST.L. Cardinals blow a 6-3 lead, just Heard about Sandfort! YEAH! Someone convince me that now, finally, we are RE-LOADING, given the promise of the 5 newcomers and now Sandfort!

I've heard of the kid but don't know too much about him. Looks like the prototypical Fran recruit. A positionless, do it all type guy. Looks like a down year for Iowa HS players along with next year (I just looked at 247). Sandfort is the #3 Iowa kid. I haven't even heard of the first ranked and he is going to Texas. #2 is the Devries kid and he is going to play for his dad at Drake. Next year the state only has one kid listed, Lipsey the PG from Ames. Assuming he stays home unless he blows up, or ISU implodes.

2023 Class is the big one Omaha Bilew is ranked #3 in the country and the only Iowa kid listed. Have to assume he is a UK/KU/Duke/UNC type though.

That said, bringing in a 150-ish ranked kid like Sandfort is what you need to do to keep things going. Fran knows talent and is usually in on it early, often to his own detriment when the kids finally blow up and go elsewhere. Glad to have him.

Somebody post some details about this guy (in addition to what Doug posted), want to see what you guys know about him!

Looks like a Uthoff type game with a little more quickness and handles. Seems to have good range

Long lanky kid with guard skills. Shoots like a 2 but long enough to play the 3. He's exactly the position versatile kind of player Fran covets. Probably something similar to what the Murray twins and Patrick McCaffery are. Putting multiple players like that out there at the same time is bound to create a mismatch.

Sounds like another great Iowa kid. Great shooter who has been working hard on his ballhandling. Doesn't need to contribute immediately. Hope he is a slightly bigger Joe W.

What I like about Sandfort is his ability to draw attention from the opposition

And then immediately pass the ball, usually, to an open teammate, wide open, in their spots, for a clear shot

It's All Good

:cool:

I've heard of the kid but don't know too much about him. Looks like the prototypical Fran recruit. A positionless, do it all type guy. Looks like a down year for Iowa HS players along with next year (I just looked at 247). Sandfort is the #3 Iowa kid. I haven't even heard of the first ranked and he is going to Texas. #2 is the Devries kid and he is going to play for his dad at Drake. Next year the state only has one kid listed, Lipsey the PG from Ames. Assuming he stays home unless he blows up, or ISU implodes.

2023 Class is the big one Omaha Bilew is ranked #3 in the country and the only Iowa kid listed. Have to assume he is a UK/KU/Duke/UNC type though.

That said, bringing in a 150-ish ranked kid like Sandfort is what you need to do to keep things going. Fran knows talent and is usually in on it early, often to his own detriment when the kids finally blow up and go elsewhere. Glad to have him.

One of the great things about reloading is that we don't have to depend upon homegrown talent. It looks like the state develops really only 1, maybe 2 Div. 1 talent level players per year anyway. Reloading means talent from Cal., Fla, N.Y. etc... WANT to come to play for us.

What is "next door"? I assume it's another Hawkeye website?
I meant the football board and the fact that HN is going thru yet another shift in power. There’s nothing left here that resembles what we all came here for. At least for me. Peace