Nothing on Sandfort ?

IMHO, there is PLENTY here for the black and gold faithful!!

Cool yeah, and I think I will keep coming back to check in from time to time. I'm just kind of checked out with no Jon, no Rob.... it's too big of a shift too quickly and the familiar faces and writers I have been accustomed are gone.

Cool yeah, and I think I will keep coming back to check in from time to time. I'm just kind of checked out with no Jon, no Rob.... it's too big of a shift too quickly and the familiar faces and writers I have been accustomed are gone.

Yeah it ain't the same. Don't see how it could be. But the common denominator of what brings us all here is still the same. No not Kirk Ferentz (maybe he is for some) even though he's been here all this time too but our Hawks. I think the covid crap has a huge influence on my similar feelings as yours. If we'd have finished last college hoops season and started this football season this sort of stuff wouldn't be as big a deal. But when it's all we have of our Hawks....

I mean when was the last game of any kind? Feb? Early March? I forget when the BIG tourny was supposed to get started but for crying out loud it's been a long time. I'm gonna be an absolute mess when we get on the field again. That's all I know

Yeah it ain't the same. Don't see how it could be. But the common denominator of what brings us all here is still the same. No not Kirk Ferentz (maybe he is for some) even though he's been here all this time too but our Hawks. I think the covid crap has a huge influence on my similar feelings as yours. If we'd have finished last college hoops season and started this football season this sort of stuff wouldn't be as big a deal. But when it's all we have of our Hawks....

I mean when was the last game of any kind? Feb? Early March? I forget when the BIG tourny was supposed to get started but for crying out loud it's been a long time. I'm gonna be an absolute mess when we get on the field again. That's all I know

Yeah, you're right, I come back to converse and argue with you guys. But some posters have moved on and some of them were my main attractions. I'll still pop my head in from time to time, but you're right, I haven't been a daily guy since the start of VID, and I was pretty much that for the last 10 years.

Yeah, you're right, I come back to converse and argue with you guys. But some posters have moved on and some of them were my main attractions. I'll still pop my head in from time to time, but you're right, I haven't been a daily guy since the start of VID, and I was pretty much that for the last 10 years.

Yeah as time goes on nothing stays the same. Hopefully even if some of the familiar folks aren't all still around maybe some new ones that are worthwhile to chat with will be. I'm hoping games getting going will get folks coming back.

Yeah as time goes on nothing stays the same. Hopefully even if some of the familiar folks aren't all still around maybe some new ones that are worthwhile to chat with will be. I'm hoping games getting going will get folks coming back.

As much as I like Rob and JM and appreciate what they did for this site, this is more about us. IF we want to get back to the way things were then we as posters have to do it. The mods job is to moderate. They aren't going create threads or talk to themselves, to drive up hits. If we want a site to call home, then that's on us. We were responsible for conversations getting political and bringing the racial issues to the thread, not the mods, so it started with us and if there's going to be a site to come back to then that's on us as well.

As much as I like Rob and JM and appreciate what they did for this site, this is more about us. IF we want to get back to the way things were then we as posters have to do it. The mods job is to moderate. They aren't going create threads or talk to themselves, to drive up hits. If we want a site to call home, then that's on us. We were responsible for conversations getting political and bringing the racial issues to the thread, not the mods, so it started with us and if there's going to be a site to come back to then that's on us as well.
No doubt about it. That political stuff and lack of games had a huge part in some folks staying away. How could anyone blame em frankly? I'm hoping with games coming back at least some normalcy will come of it. I'd much rather have QB controversies and clock management issues to discuss then that stuff. It's not why I come here but that's just me.

To be abundantly clear, I have no idea what is going on. Guess I will just hang around, as usual, and see what transpires.

No doubt about it. That political stuff and lack of games had a huge part in some folks staying away. How could anyone blame em frankly? I'm hoping with games coming back at least some normalcy will come of it. I'd much rather have QB controversies and clock management issues to discuss then that stuff. It's not why I come here but that's just me.

No I totally get that. But we all know each other and know how to press each others buttons. The political stuff and real life stuff was on us and got out of hand because we let it get out of hand and not because Rob wasn't doing his part. It was real life that affected sports and tied into it in one way or another so while it wasn't specifically about sports it was sports related and we let ourselves get into each others heads and made it personal.

Like I said, we all know each other well enough on here that personalities are still going to be personalities regardless of the topic. At the end of the day we need to remember its a message board and not let it get under the skin. That said, as ugly as it got at times we all chose to (or not to) contribute or visit the site and honestly as heated as it got I kept coming back because I love it hear and love the different opinions and personalities. Just like a family we might disagree, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss everyone in one way or another if the board were to shut down.

Sounds like another great Iowa kid. Great shooter who has been working hard on his ballhandling. Doesn't need to contribute immediately. Hope he is a slightly bigger Joe W.
Which is ideal. Heck with the Murray Twins, PM, JW hopefully maybe back again their may not be a ton of mins for him to get anyway right away. But then again if JW leaves and he's good enough we know Fran isn't scared to put youngsters out there. If he looks great in practice Fran will put you out there to see what you've got. Kids have to love that about him

You can't leave. Game threads will be starting back up in three weeks. Those are some of the finest literary material of the last 50 years.

So its with this new spirit of comradery, I recommend we all go to Youtube and play "Roll with the Changes", by REO Speedwagon! You're welcome.

I wrote a story on Sandfort's commitment right after he announced and posted on HN. You guys might check the front page more than before if you don't see something here because I'm not going to be around here as much and there will times I forget to post my stories here.

I wrote a story on Sandfort's commitment right after he announced and posted on HN. You guys might check the front page more than before if you don't see something here because I'm not going to be around here as much and there will times I forget to post my stories here.

It’s been the first thing I read. Then I pop in over here to see any comments that are made. A few times even posted your article before you did.

I enjoy watching the FB team. But I didn’t play and don’t have much to say. I just watch the games and enjoy the wins.

But I love Iowa hoops. When they start playing I’ll be here. Until then I won’t have much to say. My 2 favorite days of the year are Thursday and Friday of the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tournament. I still haven’t recovered.

Agreed, I need to do that. My cookie takes me directly to the forums so I usually miss the first page

No I totally get that. But we all know each other and know how to press each others buttons. The political stuff and real life stuff was on us and got out of hand because we let it get out of hand and not because Rob wasn't doing his part. It was real life that affected sports and tied into it in one way or another so while it wasn't specifically about sports it was sports related and we let ourselves get into each others heads and made it personal.

Like I said, we all know each other well enough on here that personalities are still going to be personalities regardless of the topic. At the end of the day we need to remember its a message board and not let it get under the skin. That said, as ugly as it got at times we all chose to (or not to) contribute or visit the site and honestly as heated as it got I kept coming back because I love it hear and love the different opinions and personalities. Just like a family we might disagree, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss everyone in one way or another if the board were to shut down.
Too be honest... I got tired of the political stuff and how a large portion of the messages kept getting hijacked by the same guys bickering about the same stuff all the time. I continue to check in but don't often engage in the messages very often for those reasons... Can't wait for it all to start!

This will suck if we get shut down I like coming in here when I can. I respect Rob Howe I might not agree with everything he says but that's ok that's we are Americans. Can get back to talk about basketball and football

Rob, I was really trying to say HN didn't cover the signing, I knew ya did and I read the article. It was just weird there was absolutely no reaction on the board, which even a year ago would be unheard of. The Vid has done a number on a lot of things. I think traffic will resume when sports resumes.

Too be honest... I got tired of the political stuff and how a large portion of the messages kept getting hijacked by the same guys bickering about the same stuff all the time. I continue to check in but don't often engage in the messages very often for those reasons... Can't wait for it all to start!

I totally get it, but aside from the threads being politically based I guess I didn't see those personalities venturing too far from what we'd see from them in any other threads. I guess my point of view is I kind of expect it, so wasn't really bothered or surprised.

Latest posts