Not To NItpik, but...................

MelroseHawkins

in the Rutger's game, they should have never put 0.2 seconds back on the clock. I hate how every stinking play gets reviewed now and half of them are pretty obvious. At least when you review a play, get it right. Anybody could have tinkered stopping the clock on the replay and realize that the ball was going thru the rim with 0.00 on the clock. I watched the replay and stopped it at the 0.2 mark and he ball is just coming off the top of the backboard even before going thru the rim/net.

When I watched the game I thought there is no way there is any time left. It's just crap that officials can make up their own rules during games. Yes, I realize the point is moot this game but what if some other team gets screwed from this crap. Somebody tell me I'm wrong and there should have been 0.2 seconds left. It just bugs me as it is clearly obvious that it's at 0.00. Even reviewing to that granularity is getting pretty rediculous.

in the Rutger's game, they should have never put 0.2 seconds back on the clock. I hate how every stinking play gets reviewed now and half of them are pretty obvious. At least when you review a play, get it right. Anybody could have tinkered stopping the clock on the replay and realize that the ball was going thru the rim with 0.00 on the clock. I watched the replay and stopped it at the 0.2 mark and he ball is just coming off the top of the backboard even before going thru the rim/net.

When I watched the game I thought there is no way there is any time left. It's just crap that officials can make up their own rules during games. Yes, I realize the point is moot this game but what if some other team gets screwed from this crap. Somebody tell me I'm wrong and there should have been 0.2 seconds left. It just bugs me as it is clearly obvious that it's at 0.00. Even reviewing to that granularity is getting pretty rediculous.

Watch the video at .25 speed starting at 0:07 (video time).

When the ball goes through the rim there is actually .3 seconds left.

What you're seeing is .6 seconds left when the ball hits the backboard (see screen grab below).

Correct call. Should have actually been .3 put back on the clock.

006.jpg

Last edited:
Oh. I wasn't going by the clock on the hoop I guess. I was going by the clock at the bottom of the video which I presume would have been the clock on the scoreboard in the arena.

How can there be a half second difference between the two?

My sister in high school once went 13 for 13 during a game as well as 100% from the line one night. Guess what her last shot that she made was, yes, a deep baseline bank shot. It was her night.

Here are 2 better angles.

062.jpg

03.jpg
Not going to find a better look than that. I don't have a problem with getting that right. Everyone should want that. I mean if Iowa were to do something stupid like foul one of their guys on the inbound then so be it. That was pretty much the only way they could have won. A 'tip' would have had to have came off the most perfect of 94 ft passes you could make at the rim.

Oh. I wasn't going by the clock on the hoop I guess. I was going by the clock at the bottom of the video which I presume would have been the clock on the scoreboard in the arena.

How can there be a half second difference between the two?
That clock in the bottom corner is Fox’s. The clocks in the arena are all synced and they’re the “official” ones.

About went out of my mind watching IA/MD women's game. Those refs were at the monitor constantly, and they poured over it like they were looking for the cure to cancer.

Make a damned call and get the game going. Ridiculous.

Who called the timeout? The clock doesn't stop when a basket is made. Did they tell the ref before the play they wanted a timeout on a score? If not, no way you can get a TO called in. 2 seconds.

Edit... Maybe it does... Never paid that much attention and don't remember from my playing days.

My bad... I just looked it up and in college the clock stops on a score during the last minute of the game and OT.

I learned something new today!

About went out of my mind watching IA/MD women's game. Those refs were at the monitor constantly, and they poured over it like they were looking for the cure to cancer.

Make a damned call and get the game going. Ridiculous.

That is the game I was referring to when about just make the call. It was obvious on several occasions. I'm not sure what was taking so long.

Who called the timeout? The clock doesn't stop when a basket is made. Did they tell the ref before the play they wanted a timeout on a score? If not, no way you can get a TO called in. 2 seconds.

Edit... Maybe it does... Never paid that much attention and don't remember from my playing days.

Good point. I thought the same when watching live. Are there different rules in the last minute or something? I suppose they can say that had to stop the game for the review then once did that had to put something back on the clock, which I guess is legit.

Good point. I thought the same when watching live. Are there different rules in the last minute or something? I suppose they can say that had to stop the game for the review then once did that had to put something back on the clock, which I guess is legit.

Yeah, I didn't realize in college the clock stops on a score in the last minute of the game and in OT. I also didn't know that if there is 0.3 or less left on the clock, the only thing that is allowed is a tip or deflection. A "shot" is not allowed. I guess that's to guard against home cookin'! LOL

Clock stops in college ball.

Yes and surprised people still unaware of that rule which has been in place for some years. Clock stops under the 1 minute mark in both half’s and OT once ball go threw the net.
Before half it keeps running. Only last minute of 2nd half and OT.

Overall the refs seemed to miss a lot of calls both ways. How that elbow to Kriener wasn't a flagrant I have no idea. No way that was a basketball move.

Before half it keeps running. Only last minute of 2nd half and OT.

Overall the refs seemed to miss a lot of calls both ways. How that elbow to Kriener wasn't a flagrant I have no idea. No way that was a basketball move.

Yup meant to say in both 2nd half and OT. Thanks for catching that.

Yes and surprised people still unaware of that rule which has been in place for some years. Clock stops under the 1 minute mark in both half’s and OT once ball go threw the net.

Yep, clock used to keep running on made baskets. This is from the Danny Ainge BYU last second shot to beat Notre Dame from 1981. You can see the clock continue to run after both made baskets.