DE; Gaglion 6'4 255 lbs; Hardy 6'5 270 bs
LEO; Kirksey 6'2 215 lbs; Getz 6'4 235 lbs
MLB; Alston 6'1 220 lbs;Derby 6'4 230 lbs
WLB;Morris 6'2 227 lbs; Hitchens 6'1 224 lbs
CB; Lowery 5'11; Lomax 5'10
SS; Law 6'1; Castillo 5'11
FS; Miller 6'2; Swanson 5'11
CB; Hyde 6'1; Campbell 5'11

the defense on the line was hard and it is a pick-em, as it is for the backups at all position
as for LB's they need weight
Kirksey about 20 lbs
Alston about 15 lbs
Morris about 5 -10 lbs to get them up to 235 lbs

for next year offense
QB; Vandy; Weinke
RB; Coker; McCall
FB; Rodgers; Gimm
WR; Davis; Staggs
TE; CJ; Derby
LT; Reiff 6'6 300 lbs; Donnall 6'7 302 lbs
LG; MacMillan 6'6 288 lbs; Walsh 6'4 260 lbs
c; Ferenzt 6'2 284 lbs; Blythe 6'3 285 lbs
RG; Sherff 6'5 310 lbs; Boffeli 6'5 290 lbs
RT; Van Sloten 6'7 292 lbs; Tobin 6'6 290 lbs
WR; KMM; Cotton

Defense

DE; Alvis 6'4 255 lbs; Spears 6'2 220 lbs
DT; Davis 6'5 310 lbs; Bigach 6'3 282 lbs
DT; Cooper 6'2 280 lbs; LTP 6'3 270 lbs

the defense on the line was hard and it is a pick-em, as it is for the backups at all position
Kirksey about 20 lbs
Alston about 15 lbs

Rudock will be #2 either by himself or shared with Weinke. Ray Hamilton should be the #2 TE, maybe not to start off but will finish the year there.

Also Alvis probably won't be in the two deeps at first. Most ACL tears take a full year to heal and in that case he will miss at least the first month and a half. Could be a possibility that Jaleel Johnson or possibly another freshman incoming recruit could crack to the two deeps on DLine.

Also Alvis probably won't be in the two deeps at first. Most ACL tears take a full year to heal and in that case he will miss at least the first month and a half. Could be a possibility that Jaleel Johnson or possibly another freshman incoming recruit could crack to the two deeps on DLine.

I think it’s possible to see Alvis back by the beginning of the season. Though your premise remains, we will still need some help from the youngsters for sure.

Chad

i really wanted to see who signs in Febuary to pencil somebody in as i think Johnson has a good chance to break into the 2 deeps, i also almost put a /to include Rudock
as for Reiff i am not sure he goes, just a hunch
and as for McCall there has been no word of him leaving and since there have been other announcing they are leaving i expect him back
the D on the line is a mess and i expect a lot of strong competition this spring
the main thing i tried to do was show the size is getting up there

Reiff will be gone. 35% of the people with MacMillan's injury do not return to competition (with KF saying he isn't close) that is one that is questionable at best. This, along with KMM and Davis at receiver does not make me that confident that the offense is going to be strong.

There isn't one guy from the D Line that anybody can be confident will be a starter. That is not a recipe for success. Unless KF does something completely unprecedented for him, this team will be worse next year.

Reiff will be gone. 35% of the people with MacMillan's injury do not return to competition (with KF saying he isn't close) that is one that is questionable at best. This, along with KMM and Davis at receiver does not make me that confident that the offense is going to be strong.

There isn't one guy from the D Line that anybody can be confident will be a starter. That is not a recipe for success. Unless KF does something completely unprecedented for him, this team will be worse next year.

Hopefully Hillyer makes some big strides going into next year. His film was pretty impressive for the receiver. Otherwise I really hope we can get Darboh.

Rudock #2 - already mentioned
McCall is very questionable return
Reiff might be NFL bound
Weisman #2 FB
Hillyer behind KMM
Derby/Duezy/Hamilton for #2 TE
SS Law should start but I bet Sleeper gets the nod, Sleeper #2
Linebackers Dibona is in the 2depths not Getz, Alston should start but we'll play undersized Morris there til game 6 for MLB
I question Tobin at tackle, Sherff starting meh

Reiff already turned 23 years old. He's older than Bryan Bulaga. I would be stunned if he comes back next year. I would pencil Van Sloten and Donnal as the starting tackles.

Reiff might be NFL bound
Weisman #2 FB
Hillyer behind KMM
Linebackers Dibona is in the 2depths not Getz, Alston should start but we'll play undersized Morris there til game 6 for MLB

Sherff will be OK. He got a year under his belt. I remember before the season the coaches were gushing over him. Sherff and Donnal look to be good gets from the 2010 class.

Our defense needs more speed especially at DE and LB, I'd trade more speed for added weight at LB

Really……I think you’ll be very surprised to find out what I’ll our Lbers and Broderick Binns in particular will run. As I have said for years, speed isn’t our problem. We were just flat out of place a lot…..

I’m actually quite anxious to see what Nielsen will run at his Pro day. I’ve seen him listed with shocking speed for a Big Lber.

Chad

the suggestion are quite good, but i disagree on the offense being bad, KMM has shown me enough to be a solid #2 and he was just a RS FR
Davis played on a bum ankle the last half of the season, and to the star gazers was a 4* WR coming out of HS, he is the same size of McNutt at 6'4,
KMM is 6'0 and proved himself to be a solid 3 WR behind McNutt and Davis
so why is it he will not move up to #2, with Davis the #1
Davis as the top receiver, KMM the #2 WR and CJ as the main target at TE that's quite the trio of Receivers
McNutt stepped it up to replace DJK
I feel Ddavis will step it up to replace McNutt
the offense will be solid
also i did not know MacMillan injury was that bad, if so Tobin with a year of starting and being a senior should be much improved and get the nod back as a starter at LG, most of the suggestion or ideas are solid
Donnall for Reiff a good trade 4* 6'7 300 lb'er and a sophamore
Sherff started a couple games for Tobin @ guard

that makes a starting 5 of
SO LT 4* 6'7 302 lbs Donnall
SR LG 3* 6'6 290 Tobin
SR C 3* 6'2 284 Ferentz
SO RG 3* 6'5 310 Sherff
JR RT 3* 6'7 292 Van Sloten

2 sr in the starting line, they have all played and the Center position is the key
otherwise i see no week links at this time
not to mention the O-L is KF's strong suit

Reiff might be NFL bound
Weisman #2 FB
Hillyer behind KMM
We know nothing on McCall other than unfounded interwebs rumors. I think Reiff might stay. You are correct on Weisman and Sleeper.

i thought Gimm was a jr this year and is listed as the 2nd team fb
Morris made the switch to the WILL this fall and is not going back to the MLB spot
also Kirksey switched to LEO to utilize his speed
DiBona and Getz were both out with injuries and DiBona was the backup to Kirksey when he was the WILL lb
hopefully both are healthy this fall

Last edited:
for next year offense
QB; Vandy; Weinke
RB; Coker; McCall
FB; Rodgers; Gimm
WR; Davis; Staggs
TE; CJ; Derby
LT; Reiff 6'6 300 lbs; Donnall 6'7 302 lbs
LG; MacMillan 6'6 288 lbs; Walsh 6'4 260 lbs
c; Ferenzt 6'2 284 lbs; Blythe 6'3 285 lbs
RG; Sherff 6'5 310 lbs; Boffeli 6'5 290 lbs
RT; Van Sloten 6'7 292 lbs; Tobin 6'6 290 lbs
WR; KMM; Cotton

Defense

DE; Alvis 6'4 255 lbs; Spears 6'2 220 lbs
DT; Davis 6'5 310 lbs; Bigach 6'3 282 lbs
DT; Cooper 6'2 280 lbs; LTP 6'3 270 lbs

Kirksey about 20 lbs
Alston about 15 lbs

Reiff - NFL

Blythe will be starting at a guard spot and Sherff at LT I guess. Im a bit concerned at WR. Need one more playmaker at least probably 2 or 3.

DE is thin as well. Need some JUCO DT or End or stud kid who can play or start as true Frosh

JC

Latest posts