Not The Only Ones Lacking Optimism

It's sad to say, but I totally agree with both of them. I don't think there's any way we are better than 5-7 this upcoming season. The defense carried this program for so many years, but Kirk doesn't have Norm Parker anymore.

Obviously these guys aren't familiar with Kurt's 3 bad years, 3 good years plan. One more year of suffering, then we'll be back boys!

The hawks will surprise this year. you can save and bump this reply next November if you want but the potential for improvement for the hawks is large compared to the very close games they lost last year.

Turn around the central mich game this year to a win and we are 5-7.

Turn around one other close loss, ISU, Purdue, even NEbby adn we are 6-6 and going bowling.

The hawks will always go bowling when eligible cuz of the great fans.

Last edited:
The hawks will surprise this year. you can same and bump this reply next November if you want but the potential for improvement for the hawks is large compared to the very close games they lost last year.

Turn around one other close loss, ISU, Purdue, even NEbby adn we are 6-6 and going bowling.

Remember when our What If's used to be like, what if Banks hadn't hurt his hand and lost those fumbles against ISU, we could have went undefeated or what if Stanzi hadn't got hurt against N'Western, we could have been 10-0 going into OSU.

Now it's, if we could have just beat Central Michigan we could have been 5-7!

The hawks will surprise this year. you can same and bump this reply next November if you want but the potential for improvement for the hawks is large compared to the very close games they lost last year.

KoolAidMan.gif

Remember when our What If's used to be like, what if Banks hadn't hurt his hand and lost those fumbles against ISU, we could have went undefeated or what if Stanzi hadn't got hurt against N'Western, we could have been 10-0 going into OSU.

Now it's, if we could have just beat Central Michigan we could have been 5-7!

^^^ this is very true. The hawks were almost on the mountain top looking down. There was always a stumble or two and coaching decision here or there.

Hey, 2008 could have been a 1 or two loss team , hard to say, but Stanzi getting all the reps that fall camp they could have been flying.

Close calls don't just work one way. Turn around the MSU game and we're 3-9. Turn around the Northern Illinois game and we're 2-10. Both of those games we could have just as easily have lost. So in the end, 4-8 is exactly where we should have been.

Based on the B1G schedule for this upcoming year, I'm fully anticipating KF bookending his 1999 year with another 0-fer in the B1G. And buyout or no buyout, I don't see how he survives that kind of year.

So anything better than 0-8 in the B1G and KF getting fired is an improvement in my eyes! :D

We very well could lose our last 8 games. Not the same cupcake schedule as last year, uihawk82.

If Iowa plays as well as they did all of last year, they might lose a lot more than their last 8 games. This program has proven it can no longer just show up and beat the sisters of the poor directional schools and FCS tomato cans.

[/B]

Shocked if Iowa goes 6-6 this year? Absurd. C'mon man, we could be 4-1 through our first five games and win two more. That would not be shocking.

Hmm.. something tells me that your difference in opinion has to do with their objective view vs. your subjective view. Just a hunch.

I won't be shocked if they go 6-6. Surprised? Definitely.

The hawks will surprise this year. you can save and bump this reply next November if you want but the potential for improvement for the hawks is large compared to the very close games they lost last year.

WOOOOO!!! 6-6 is what we are craving for now? Are we Iowa State?
Oh well, Iowa football is blah now anyway. Looking forward to basketball! Wish we could just skip football season although this season may end up being forgotten sooner than later.

Oh well, Iowa football is blah now anyway. Looking forward to basketball! Wish we could just skip football season although this season may end up being forgotten sooner than later.

"That's football." (fart, snort)

309650_149460145203736_609285127_n.jpg

I usually partake of the kool-aid during the off season but right now I'm just praying for 6-6. I am terrified that The Greg Davis System will not improve much in year 2.

Latest posts