Not THAT bad

pin2win

@hagertony
we easily won the big tens and today wasn't that bad things panned out but the injuries is what we should be concerned about

#2 McD loses to #1 Escobedo and #2 Dennis loses to #1 Ness which arent upsets. #3 Marion gets 3rd which he was seeded could of done better but he wreslted to his seed. #1 Metcalf loses to #2 Palmer which is an upset but some saw it coming. #4 Kerr gets 4th which was his seed and came close to getting 3rd. #2 Morningstar is 'upset' in semi's but how can we ever think mstar is going to dominate the way he wrestles leaves opportunities for wrestlers to get one big point and upset his seed. Mstar is on crutches so we don't know how bad it really is. #1 Borschel gets it done. #3 Keddy loses to #1 Dergo which i think was a big step. Keddy has been up and down and looked good all tournament. #1 Beatty defaults after losing in the semis which was an upset technically but he has been out a good part of the season. #2 Erekson beats #1 everhart which was an upset for us! When you think about it how bad really is it??

too have a day like this and cruise with a big ten championship im not going to complain!

Yeah, but we were 3-7 today. That's what is disappointing. I know the level of competition was very high, but we should have done better. Metcalf's loss is still a stunner.

Totally agree. The metcalf lose had me in a daze for awhile but really if you look at it, it went as is should outside of him. We lost the ones we should have, minus metcalf, and won the one we should have and got an upset at HWT. If Mstar is hurt bad that would be a game changer at nationals. McD can get angel next time, hes got that first experience now and as long as he doesnt come out pushing into him like he did today he could get it. Danimal could get a very good seed being undefeated, knocking off #2, #1 got beat by Z who lost to Dan last year. Its not as bad as it may seem right now.

I agree with pin2win, I think it was a good tourney overall. We could have did better but we always want better,we are from IOWA.

Any other team would be ecstatic to do what the Hawks did this weekend. Our expectations are just so high, that anytime we lose a match you feel like you left something on the table.

Even in defeat, I was encouraged by Keddy and McDonough. I think Metcalf really only has himself to blame as if he could have finished that move with 30 seconds left in the 3rd, he would be Big Ten champ right now.

Let's go get 'em at Nationals.

Wrestling is such a tough sport, so many great wrestlers, even guys like Metcalf have a bad match once in a while.

Palmer's tough, he's been by far the most consistent vs Metcalf. He's the one guy Brents never really embarrassed.

Better now than in two weeks.

Wrestling is such a tough sport, so many great wrestlers, even guys like Metcalf have a bad match once in a while.

Palmer's tough, he's been by far the most consistent vs Metcalf. He's the one guy Brents never really embarrassed.

Better now than in two weeks.

exactly if you can slow down metcalfs attack you can beat him

the ride was just huge and i can't believe he didn't know how to get out of it or hasn't practiced it enough times to expect it sometimes he just looked like he wanted him to put the legs in

Latest posts