Not sure how I'd handle a loss emotionally

HaydensHawk

Seems silly, but I have a lot invested in this team emotionally. A loss this weekend would hurt a little. I feel like if Iowa wins Saturday, then we are just destined for the NC game.

It'd make for a long walk back to the car. But after the bitter taste of defeat I'd wake up, use the throne, flush away the loss, and realize that two months ago, I would have taken 7-1 and ran with it. On the other hand....8-0, now that would just be historical.

Im probably in the minority in thinking that a big ten championship and a trip to the rose bowl is a great season. Anything above that is gravy. Im trying to keep things in perspective.

im in the same league as hayden, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. actually bet my buddy quarters last week during certain plays due to superstition that whatever i say the opposite usually happens. dont mind losing quarters for made field goals and 3rd down conversions.

Im probably in the minority in thinking that a big ten championship and a trip to the rose bowl is a great season. Anything above that is gravy. Im trying to keep things in perspective.

That's how I'm looking at it. Iowa playing for the NC is just something I can't wrap my head around.

I would definitely take a Big Ten Championship and trip to Rose Bowl. It's just that at this point this team seems to have something special and they just keep winning. If they can get by MSU I think we are looking at one of the greatest seasons in the history of Iowa football.

im in the same league as hayden, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. actually bet my buddy quarters last week during certain plays due to superstition that whatever i say the opposite usually happens. dont mind losing quarters for made field goals and 3rd down conversions.

If we blow out MSU then a loss after that would devastate me. As it is now we have had so many close games that I am not totally convinced that we are NC material.

I totally agree with you but I know if we lose I will have to be alone for a couple hours while I cool down. Then after saying how much I hate this team I will realize how amazing this season has been and how we will exceed expectations.

I was expecting the Hawks to go down to Penn State after the Lions went up 10-0 in their first two possessions. Wrong! I also expected them to lose to Michigan when Stanzi threw the pick six, and then endure my brother (a Michigan fan, though he never went to college, only because our paternal grandmother is from Crump, Michigan) incessive bragging how the Wolverines beat the Hawks. Wrong again! Then I expected the worst when the Badgers were running up and down the field against our D-line. Once again, I was incorrect.

Like a few others on this board, I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best. It seems that is going to be the way we're approaching the balance of this season. Winning all of the remaining games, one at a time, I might add, will be a great way to spend a cold Iowa autumn driving in my Chevy Cavalier delivering hot Pizza Hut pizzas to our customers.

I do expect the Hawks to go to Pasadena when it's all said and done. Whether it's the Rose Bowl or the BCS NCG, I don't care.

I am trying to stay grounded about this winning streak but it is getting harder each week. A shot at a NC game is like a dream to me. I don't think I would be able to believe it was happening. Right now my hopes are on a sole B10 championship. At the beginning of the season I would have jumped at a shared title or a Jan game. Things have changed. These Hawks have me thinking big. Can't help it. If we win Sat, I believe we win out...all the way. Just feel that way.

So yeah, I'd be emotional if we lose.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Definitely. That's been my philosophy since Iowa lost at Indiana in 2006. Every game is a struggle and should be treated as such.

I'm convinced that 10-0 at Columbus is too juicy to come to pass, let alone 12-0

The pit in my gut says we get up-ended by MSU, Indy, or NW ... or maybe I'm just hungry!?

Latest posts