Not rushing the trophy

Scotttyd

So after the win the players didn't even come close to rushing the cy-hawk trophy.
1. If the results were the other way around - you know ISU would have been slobbering all over it.
2. Do you think this was intentional to show the business like aspect of the team and KF or they were like - "eh, just another win over little brother"

Who knows how the season will progress. This team seems to have Taken on KFs personna. Right now it's working. It hit me listening to Hankins and Jones post game.

Absolutely intentional. When someone own's someone or something there is a sense of belonging. Our players see that trophy everyday so its just a staple of daily activity. I think Lee Corso said it best on gameday that it's a beautiful trophy that he wanted to show to the ISU fans because they hadn't seen it in a while. To win a rivalry game is one thing, but to do so in a fashion where you act like it doesn't mean anything makes it sting that much more.

I was surprised they didn't rush the trophy, they usually do and I was waiting for them to do it (as were the cameras). So maybe they really were sending the Clones a message.

It makes me wonder if they will rush the other 3. I loved watching them hoist Floyd.

Who knows how the season will progress. This team seems to have Taken on KFs personna. Right now it's working. It hit me listening to Hankins and Jones post game.

Kirk went total Obi Wan Kenobi with the largely manufactured controversies of 2020. "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

He has his team playing at a high level and the players say they are a very close knit team. Never been better to be in Black and Gold.

I was surprised they didn't rush the trophy, they usually do and I was waiting for them to do it (as were the cameras). So maybe they really were sending the Clones a message.

It makes me wonder if they will rush the other 3. I loved watching them hoist Floyd.
Hoisting the pig is a tradition in its own right.

They better rush the bull, they should make it feel wanted so it stays in Iowa City.

The other two have been in Iowa City so long the freshmen and sophomores don't realize they aren't bolted down in the trophy case.

We have owned our primary three rivals for pretty much the entirety of the senior class' time on campus. Most every guy on the team has only rushed for a trophy once, and that was in an empty stadium last year.

We take a lot of things related to KF for granted, but winning rivalry games the last five years is crazy to consider. Would we all love to play for national titles? Sure, but so does everyone outside of Clemson, Okie, OSU and Bama. If you aint in that tier, then you want 10 wins and to beat your rivals.

As fans, we get to chortle at Clowns, Bugeaters, and Ground Rodents every year of late. Pretty special run.

If they don’t rush Floyd, I will call for KF’s head. You are warned, Kirk.

Absolutely intentional. When someone own's someone or something there is a sense of belonging. Our players see that trophy everyday so its just a staple of daily activity. I think Lee Corso said it best on gameday that it's a beautiful trophy that he wanted to show to the ISU fans because they hadn't seen it in a while. To win a rivalry game is one thing, but to do so in a fashion where you act like it doesn't mean anything makes it sting that much more.
They marched it to all four corners of the stadium and sang the fight song in each.

They marched it to all four corners of the stadium and sang the fight song in each.

Definitely a good idea by the players showing the fans the upmost respect. It's a rivalry trophy that they haven't seen recently. I'm sure it was nothing more than reaching out to them and giving the the opportunity to see it up close since they most likely won't be housing it anytime soon.

Latest posts