Not on espn

NCHawker

I check ESPN's college football page a couple times a week. Even though there has been news related to the Iowa program, Iowa has no mentions. Interesting. Lots of smaller stories about other programs from PAC, to ACC to B1G but Iowa is absent. You can find stuff on NBC or CBS, just not ESPN. Just not sure why.

I check ESPN's college football page a couple times a week. Even though there has been news related to the Iowa program, Iowa has no mentions. Interesting. Lots of smaller stories about other programs from PAC, to ACC to B1G but Iowa is absent. You can find stuff on NBC or CBS, just not ESPN. Just not sure why.

I rarely go on their website anymore....it's garbage that seems to revolve around soccer and the NBA.

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched Sportscenter....7 or 8 years ago probably.

The only time I watch anything ESPN is if the Hawkeye football or basketball team is playing or on the rare times that they show a KC Royals game. Otherwise, I avoid it like the plague. It's awful.

Live sports is all ESPN is good for. Their opinion shows and website do little to nothing for me. Of course they break news too I suppose but that'd be about it.

I rarely go on their website anymore....it's garbage that seems to revolve around soccer and the NBA.

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched Sportscenter....7 or 8 years ago probably.

The only time I watch anything ESPN is if the Hawkeye football or basketball team is playing or on the rare times that they show a KC Royals game. Otherwise, I avoid it like the plague. It's awful.

Spot on. Exactly what I do as well.

ESPN is a very small part of my life, anymore. Used to be all about ESPN back in the 80's & 90's, but not now.
Agreed, or maybe I'm just not as interested in watching professional sports anymore (or the SEC). I watch the 30 for 30 shows, college games and the rare Sports Center. Back in the day, I never missed Sports Center. Also, their webpage is difficult to navigate through.

30 for 30s and live sports is the only thing espn has going for itself. I'll bet I haven't watched sportscenter in 15 years. As a kid, I'd watch the same episode of SC 3 or 4 times in a row
I'm guilty of that too. I remember in the mid 90s when ESPN 2 came around. Was the coolest thing ever. Maybe being an adult now skews my thinking but back then I got way more out of it all then I do now.

ESPN is not what it used to be because of the internet and the fact that most if not all leagues have their own TV network now. ESPN does not help their cause by pimping the SEC everything every fifteen seconds. Now I will give them some credit because they have starting to talk about Harbaugh but I don't think which "dad" of some recruit he hired that day is really news worthy.

ESPN's website is a mess too. Absolutely worthless. One thing is for certain - if the 2017 Hawkeyes gel they will appear as if by magic out of nowhere. Talk about "running under the radar"!

ESPN's love affair with everything Harbaugh is not helping its cause.
Not nearly as bad as ESPN's love affair with everything ESPN.

Self-promotion is one thing; self-adoration is another.

ESPN is a very small part of my life, anymore. Used to be all about ESPN back in the 80's & 90's, but not now.

You have an interesting choice of words. Conversely, would you say that ESPN was ever a "big" part of your life? Can you picture yourself making this statement, "ESPN was a big part of my life back in the 80s and 90s?"

Latest posts