Not good news on Hampton and Davis

If Hampton is going to be out for any length of time (which seems likely) we'll all find out tomorrow. It wouldn't do Kirk any good to hold back information about an injured player.

If it's a week to week kind of deal we'll be kept hanging...because Ferentz learned from the master when it comes to this stuff. I'm referencing of course Bill Belichick.

If it's a week to week kind of deal we'll be kept hanging...because Ferentz learned from the master when it comes to this stuff. I'm referencing of course Bill Belichick.

I think if it's a week-to-week thing then Kirk will say so. If he's ambigous in any way, somebody will ask him.

2. Never want a player to suffer a concussion, but Paki not being available may be a blessing in disguise for the Hawks. They will now have to get another back involved in the offense. This will most likely mean that a freshman will get involved. There are some seriously talented freshmen in the NCAA this year. So it might not be a bad thing to get another player involved, plus it will provide some insurance. If Paki was ready to go this week, I would expect KF to stick with the ARob and Paki combo.

Paki's leadership and ruthless play on special teams is a huge, much needed asset to this team. It is not a blessing in disguise that he's out.

I would be surprised if the Redshirts come off both Coker and Johnson.....probably use this week in practice to figure out who will play and help the team.

I'll take it a step further. It's possible we see only arob and brad rogers against ball state. That would give coker another week to practice and more time for the coaches to evaluate coker vs. johnson.

I'll take it a step further. It's possible we see only arob and brad rogers against ball state. That would give coker another week to practice and more time for the coaches to evaluate coker vs. johnson.

If that's the case for Saturday, then that would be exceptional news for what they think about the severity of Hampton's injury, imo. Because if Hampton is going to miss significant time, then you darn well better get the freshman some meaningful reps against BSU rather than waiting for the B10 schedule.

Heck, in light of Paki's injury, I think you pull one of the redshirts, regardless of what you think about Hampton. And Rogers may well be needed at fullback, with Morses' status uncertain...

Pretty sure Davis was hurt taking that absolutely horrific angle on the kickoff return.

Sorry...I'm still bitter.

If that's the case for Saturday, then that would be exceptional news for what they think about the severity of Hampton's injury, imo. Because if Hampton is going to miss significant time, then you darn well better get the freshman some meaningful reps against BSU rather than waiting for the B10 schedule.

Heck, in light of Paki's injury, I think you pull one of the redshirts, regardless of what you think about Hampton. And Rogers may well be needed at fullback, with Morses' status uncertain...

Wait...what happened to Morse?

Granted I was in an advanced state of inebriation, but I don't think I picked up something happening to Morse. Did he get dinged up this weekend too?

I'm assuming he's hurt, because it was painfully obvious that A-Rob wasn't getting the job done on pass protection on the final drive. And we've always used a single fullback to help with PP in those obvious passing situations...

I'm assuming he's hurt, because it was painfully obvious that A-Rob wasn't getting the job done on pass protection on the final drive. And we've always used a single fullback to help with PP in those obvious passing situations...

Perhaps they put Robinson out there for pass receiving possibilities, with routes where he would first check for blitz then leak out as a check down (check release routes)? Problem is he never got to the release part of that...

Just throwing stuff against a wall to see what sticks...no real idea either way. I just don't remember him being injured.

Jewels facebook status was .......(sigh)

maybe we could get Jon to wait outside of his apartment and ask him how his knee is :)