Not feeling it

beaverdaleguy

A lot of high expectations and good recruits coming to Iowa vs Ohio State this weekend...I am just not feeling the energy after back to back performances with Indiana and Northwestern. I hope the rest of Kinnick is feeling more motivated to support the seniors on their last home game and impress the recruits.

A lot of high expectations and good recruits coming to Iowa vs Ohio State this weekend...I am just not feeling the energy after back to back performances with Indiana and Northwestern. I hope the rest of Kinnick is feeling more motivated to support the seniors on their last home game and impress the recruits.

Dont go to the game then. I know I will be there screaming my lungs out like I have for every home game this season.

We won the Indiana game with an 88 yard drive in the final 4 minutes.

We lost the NW game because of Dan Persa, the best QB in the Big Ten.

These seniors deserve your support, win or lose.

We won the Indiana game with an 88 yard drive in the final 4 minutes.

We lost the NW game because of Dan Persa, the best QB in the Big Ten.

These seniors deserve your support, win or lose.

We went 88 yards in 2 plays in like 40 seconds. That is "literally" a drive but no one really considers that a drive. A drive takes up time moving down the field. Now, I like the 2 plays it took us to score I just can call that a drive.

I wonder which coaching staff will be more conservative, take the least chances, and be afraid to lose the most this Saturday...Iowa's or OSU's? I do expect OSU to exploit Iowa's weaknesses, Iowa to not adjust in any form or manner, Iowa to take absolutely no chances whatsoever, and therefore play a close game but lose in the end.

To beat OSU and how OSU has owned Iowa the past 60 years, Iowa will need to pull out all the stops, take chances, and do unexpected things...Iowa does not do these sort of things. Thus OSU just needs to play conservatively... they have better an more talent to play a similar style...OSU by 14.

I have no doubt that it will be loud as hell, sure not as much on the line but it's the last home game of the year, and we haven't played there in a few weeks. It will be loud.

sure some fans are reeling, but the players i'm sure are ready to rip someone's head off. yes, both coaches will play it very conservatively, but i see us taking some deep shots on them, just will have to wait and see if we can connect. unless there's some weird bonehead TD given up (read: special teams error), this game has 21-20 written all over it.

I'm on the not feeling it side now. Actually I was on the not feeling it side even before the NW game because I was confident enough to bet money that we would lose. It's all about the feeling sometimes.

I wonder which coaching staff will be more conservative, take the least chances, and be afraid to lose the most this Saturday...Iowa's or OSU's? I do expect OSU to exploit Iowa's weaknesses, Iowa to not adjust in any form or manner, Iowa to take absolutely no chances whatsoever, and therefore play a close game but lose in the end.

To beat OSU and how OSU has owned Iowa the past 60 years, Iowa will need to pull out all the stops, take chances, and do unexpected things...Iowa does not do these sort of things. Thus OSU just needs to play conservatively... they have better an more talent to play a similar style...OSU by 14.

Well we know we will see a reverse to DJK or Chaney that will likely be scouted out and result in a 10 yard loss against a better D. KOK has no imagination. He finds a play and uses it to death. Bring back the jailbreak screen!!

Wow it's not like we are 5-5 people. We are 7-3 with a chance for 10 wins. Just because we aren't in national or Big Ten contention doesn't mean the season is over. If you feel like it is, please do Iowa fans, players, and coaches a favor and please go cheer for another team. I have no doubt Kinnick will be rocking as usual and I fully expect to lose my voice by the 2nd quarter

It's only thursday, lets see what saturday has in store before we get worried about energy.

It's only thursday, lets see what saturday has in store before we get worried about energy.

Yeah it's only Thursday... BUT I FOR ONE WANT TO SEE US KICK THEIR MOTHER-FATHERING, RED (COMMIE ALERT!!), PROJECT-RUNWAY-SWEATER-VEST-LOVING ARSES RIGHT OUT OF KINNICK STADIUM.

YOU KNOW WHO THESE GUYS ARE LIKE... DRACULA. THAT'S RIGHT, FRACKING DRACULA. SUCKING THE BLOOD OUT OF THE BIG TEN CONFERNCE FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS. YEAH, WE MIGHT NOT WIN THE TITLE, BUT WE'VE GOT A CHANCE STICK A STAKE THROUGH THEIR HEARTS AND CUT THEIR M-FING HEADS OFF. SO LET'S DO IT ALREADY!!

KISS OUR RUMPS, YOU SCARLETT AND GRAB-ARSES!!!! I WILL KICK YOU IN THE MARBLE BAG, BRUTUS!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY! WHO'S WITH ME!!!

Every day that gets between now and last Saturday's crapfest gets me more and more excited. I can't wait until gameday. Now if I could just get over this flu...

Yeah it's only Thursday... BUT I FOR ONE WANT TO SEE US KICK THEIR MOTHER-FATHERING, RED (COMMIE ALERT!!), PROJECT-RUNWAY-SWEATER-VEST-LOVING ARSES RIGHT OUT OF KINNICK STADIUM.

YOU KNOW WHO THESE GUYS ARE LIKE... DRACULA. THAT'S RIGHT, FRACKING DRACULA. SUCKING THE BLOOD OUT OF THE BIG TEN CONFERNCE FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS. YEAH, WE MIGHT NOT WIN THE TITLE, BUT WE'VE GOT A CHANCE STICK A STAKE THROUGH THEIR HEARTS AND CUT THEIR M-FING HEADS OFF. SO LET'S DO IT ALREADY!!

KISS OUR RUMPS, YOU SCARLETT AND GRAB-ARSES!!!! I WILL KICK YOU IN THE MARBLE BAG, BRUTUS!

Hey! Don't sugar coat it for me, tell me how you really feel?

Well done... I didn't think that just reading a post would get me amped up for a game but I gotta tell you that my blood got pumping a little bit sitting here in my chair at work after reading your message.

Hey! Don't sugar coat it for me, tell me how you really feel?

In all seriousness, I hate them (them and all the other red-wearing teams around us). They've practically single-handedly destroyed the national prestige of our conference by laying turd after turd in on the national stage. And I can't stand that six in a row crap (please God let that end). We might not win the conference, but we can be the ones that officially knock them out and stop that streak of theirs.

I am worried about the quality of football our team is playing right now, but I'm pumped as ever for Saturday. I hope we play a great game. A lot of fun can be had, if our team shows up strong.

Last edited:
Well done... I didn't think that just reading a post would get me amped up for a game but I gotta tell you that my blood got pumping a little bit sitting here in my chair at work after reading your message.

Just doing my part. Bring your vocal chords on Saturday.

Latest posts