Norwalk beats vandenberg!

BergHawk7

my home town team of norwalk beat the younger bro of vandenberg by one point in overtime. Insane haha. I know you all dont care : )

my home town team of norwalk beat the younger bro of vandenberg by one point in overtime. Insane haha. I know you all dont care : )

Who's insane? You?

Don't look now but ADM is next, and that spells "off season" for Norwalk.

Ha Ha

Little vberg did alright, almost all his throws were floaters tho, easy to get pickd off, nd he threw 2 ints nd I think 2 or 3 tds.

Norwalk could play with any 3A team in the state... including ADM. I posted in another thread about the game earlier in the year in which Norwalk lost @ ADM and it had the potential to be a much closer game.

Of course one step at a time... Pella first. Pella was tied 13-13 with Perry @ half last night so they must have started off a little slow.

urbandale's center a couple years ago the year they shut out valley in the playoffs was like 5'10 190 tops. Their qb was 6'0 220. he's at uni playing Lb now. There are plenty of 4A schools that have "undersized" lineman. Thats why the schools that have the beasts usually dominate.

I was at the game last night and if not for a homer pass interference call at the end of overtime Norwalk fans wouldn’t be talking crap right now, Keokuk is the better team enjoy your unearned extra week because you will be destroyed by Pella and I will enjoy every second of it. :mad:

iowahawkeyes89 you're a frickin' moron! You must work for the DM Rag...errr Register. They frequently ignore 3A sports here in central Iowa.

There are many years when 3A sports outperform 4A sports. 3A is like the B1G in that there are up years and down years in all sports and the consistency isn't always there.

Case in point...two years ago, my son was a junior in high school and ran track and cross country at a 3A school. At the end of the year, he was ranked 23rd in the state in 3A XC. If he'd been in 4A, he would have been ranked 5th. It was a very strong year for 3A XC in the state. Last year was just the opposite.

He's now running D1 XC and track.

I was at the game last night and if not for a homer pass interference call at the end of overtime Norwalk fans wouldn’t be talking crap right now, Keokuk is the better team enjoy your unearned extra week because you will be destroyed by Pella and I will enjoy every second of it. :mad:

I think the ref calling was bad for both teams from what I hear. Good to see Norwalk move on. I graduated in 98 from Norwalk and we were horrible in football. It's great to see the school compete again. Amazing how much that school has grown over the past 13 years. The new football field complex is sweet.

I feel like this should be in the official "jon can we have a high school football topic" thread...mods please move/delete thread and or ban op.
Thanks for your understanding.
-Internetz messgae board patrol coalition

Latest posts