Northwestern just won the division

I think an IU/NW championship game would be the ultimate middle finger to the conference. I'm pretty sure they want OSU vs some feel-good patsy from the West that OSU can beat by about 50 on their way to a glorious playoff berth.

I think an IU/NW championship game would be the ultimate middle finger to the conference. I'm pretty sure they want OSU vs some feel-good patsy from the West that OSU can beat by about 50 on their way to a glorious playoff berth.
It might be a middle finger to the Big Ten, but like it or not were stuck with this conference.

An IU/NW title game would be absolutely horrible in the national scheme of things. Very, very not good for the conference and at the worst possible time. We all know this Indiana thing is a flash in the pan like Minnesota was, and NW is not anything resembling a national brand. Hell, even if NW went undefeated two years in a row you’d still be able to get 50 yd line seats on the home side for ten bucks a pair and have plenty of room to spread out.

It might be a middle finger to the Big Ten, but like it or not were stuck with this conference.

An IU/NW title game would be absolutely horrible in the national scheme of things. Very, very not good for the conference and at the worst possible time. We all know this Indiana thing is a flash in the pan like Minnesota was, and NW is not anything resembling a national brand. Hell, even if NW went undefeated two years in a row you’d still be able to get 50 yd line seats on the home side for ten bucks a pair and have plenty of room to spread out.
If Iowa and OSU end up playing in the "2nd place game," the winner will the be the people's champion. But, the scary thing for Iowa in that hypothetical match-up is OSU will have the extreme motivation to give Iowa a supreme beating to impress the play-off committee. Iowa will have to bring it that day. Also, could be an inside game...giving OSU no weather problems to worry about. But, first thing is first is Iowa has to get by Illinois and then beat a team it really struggles with.

I know, you're right. :(

I have a lot of pent up frustration and animosity towards OSU, I can't help it!