Northwestern just won the division

okeefe4prez

Congratulations to Coach Fitzgerald and his 2020 Northwestern Wildcats. The Minnesota game has been cancelled and Northwestern just clinched.

Fitzgerald - 2 division titles
Ferentz - 1 division title

I just ate my dinner and don't want to puke so I won't look up their head to head records.

Nothing like backing into a title and I am sure the jNW players and staff wanted to get it on the field. but after watching sparty really run the ball well on jNW and right at them with power I think a pretty healthy Minny team could have spanked them.

And if Iowa wins at Illinois man that would have set up a really big final weekend of football.

Nothing like backing into a title and I am sure the jNW players and staff wanted to get it on the field. but after watching sparty really run the ball well on jNW and right at them with power I think a pretty healthy Minny team could have spanked them.

And if Iowa wins at Illinois man that would have set up a really big final weekend of football.
If only ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful place Kinnick would be.

Games are getting canceled left and right. Maybe NW will line up a replacement game for this week. Maybe Michigan will cancel its game against MD and then NW and MD can play each other.

And they do it in perfect NW fashion...losing to a team that got beat by 42 points to Iowa, lost to Rutgers, and got shut out by Indiana. Go Cats.

Yeah, but they beat Iowa, Nebraska, Purdouche and Wisconsin. It sucks, but it's hard to say they didn't win it on the field. They beat the four historically best teams in the division (in the modern era which I will say started in 1990).

I'll give them a pass for that, Iowa has shit the bed twice this season and one against friggin PURDUE!
There's a difference and those first few games were kind of a crap shoot, with Petras starting his first game...Campbell, Benson, Schulte all out...etc. If Iowa was 5-0 and was playing a team they were favored by 17 against and they lost...you would kind of have a crappy taste in your mouth, right...like, are we really champions? Or...just the best that a weak B10 West has this year.

And this is why the KF era has been good, but not awesome. NW just represents the metaphorical middle finger every year.

There's a difference and those first few games were kind of a crap shoot, with Petras starting his first game...Campbell, Benson, Schulte all out...etc. If Iowa was 5-0 and was playing a team they were favored by 17 against and they lost...you would kind of have a crappy taste in your mouth, right...like, are we really champions? Or...just the best that a weak B10 West has this year.

Purdue dude.....FRIGGIN PURDUE!!! Hell it's like losing to a MAC school. Would we have given Iowa a pass if they had lost his first game to a directional Michigan school, all because it was Petras first game?

Congratulations to Coach Fitzgerald and his 2020 Northwestern Wildcats. The Minnesota game has been cancelled and Northwestern just clinched.

Fitzgerald - 2 division titles
Ferentz - 1 division title

I just ate my dinner and don't want to puke so I won't look up their head to head records.
Its 9-6. No coach has beaten Ferentz more often.

With the exception of an OT at Kinnick in 2013, Iowa’s recent wins have been blowouts(2011,14,15 and 19). Fitz tends to win closely contested games.

Corngrats northwestern us iowa we should of won if we ever play to win instead play not to loose. Hawkeyes are like my kids they piss you off but you still love them

Not what I needed to see right after I ate supper. Thanks for ruining my evening.
Want me to tell you the scores of some of those Iowa losses going into the fourth quarter...?

I would have to look them up but we probably led in 2005, 08, 10, and 17, then let them slip away late. We seem to play them better over there than in Kinnick. I remember giving them a good thrashing in Evanston in 2007 in addition to the aforementioned easy wins. Damian Sims had a big day.

Congrats to NW, they did what they had to do and beat Iowa on the road. Liked to have seen them have to win one more but they don't have to. Iowa's match up in the runner up game could be really interesting. If Indiana wins the East because OU is disqualified from winning the conference would they possible face the Hawks? Or if Wincy wins out do they play second place? Lots of questions have I.

The jokers earned it (somewhat now backing into not having to play Minny), but jokers nonetheless. Sucks, because Iowa is playing the best ball in the West at this point in time. No one wants to see OSU vs Northwestern.

The season is razor thin to being only for entertainment with no real reason to play it out. All accomplishments will have asterisks and be close to meaningless. I enjoy watching it but it’s starting to collapse. I just hope the basketball season can be saved.

Latest posts