Northwestern has some nice shooter huh?

Or they just like to shoot against us. Unreal.

Besides not recognizing who the shooters are, we're absolutely butt slow in rotating in our zone. Not sure why we even bother with it. Especially tonight when the mildcats don't exactly have a fierce presence in the post.

"Besides not recognizing who the shooters are, we're absolutely butt slow in rotating in our zone. Not sure why we even bother with it. Especially tonight when the mildcats don't exactly have a fierce presence in the post."

I agree and I like zone. I'm glad Fran is willing to use a zone, but it has not been that great in scheme set up.

"Besides not recognizing who the shooters are, we're absolutely butt slow in rotating in our zone. Not sure why we even bother with it. Especially tonight when the mildcats don't exactly have a fierce presence in the post."

I agree and I like zone. I'm glad Fran is willing to use a zone, but it has not been that great in scheme set up.

I understand the thinking in trying to defend the 8 billion cuts of the Princeton offense, but holy hell they're lighting it up from deep! I think I'd take my chances man up.

There comes a time when the statement "the other team shot lights out tonight" turns into "we suck at defense"

In my opinion lots of teams get open threes because on screens we don't switch or hedge...we end up with two defenders guarding one guy and we are really slow to recover....leaving one guy unguarded for sometimes quite a while.

they lead the league in threes made i believe and i'm sure they are up there in leading d1 too. nw has 5 guys on the floor that can shoot the 3 pretty well, thats tough to defend, especially how well they run there princenton offense too.

In my opinion lots of teams get open threes because on screens we don't switch or hedge...we end up with two defenders guarding one guy and we are really slow to recover....leaving one guy unguarded for sometimes quite a while.

NW was 2 for 21 at PSU last weekend, I figured they would lite it up vs Iowa at home.
They do have a bunch of good shooters,and that makes them hard to cover,but no doubt that Iowa's issues guarding the arc over the last decade come back to physics...we lack length and quickness,two elements needed to prevent clean looks from the arc. We have lacked length and quickness for about 15 years...or more. Fran needs to go get some.

There comes a time when the statement "the other team shot lights out tonight" turns into "we suck at defense"

I don't know why people keep blaming "great shooting". Iowa's defense often seems to be leaving the shooters so wide open that they choke because they're not used to it.

John Shurna has the ugliest shot in the history of D-1 men's college basketball.... and D-1 women's college basketball.

Never seen anything like that shot ever.

He makes Bill Cartwright's shot look textbook.

John Shurna has the ugliest shot in the history of D-1 men's college basketball.... and D-1 women's college basketball.

His shot is hideous.

Did you hear Carmody after the game? He said that Shurna not being able to go all the time in practice has resulted in him losing weight!

1st- I didn't know he could get any skinnier
2nd- I don't know about you but when I stop playing I GAIN weight

Are you trying to say that releasing the ball from your crotch isn't normal?

Devon Archie FT Shooting is um...odd looking

I did not DVR the game or anything, but did Archies FT attempt miss wide right? I have never seen a FT missed in that fashion. I have seen air balls but the shot was at least on line just short of the basket. I think Archie missed the basket and backboard to the right.... I don't even know how it was possible. It looked like Fran was trying not to laugh, it was funny.

I think Archie missed the basket and backboard to the right.... I don't even know how it was possible. It looked like Fran was trying not to laugh, it was funny.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing. How could you not? It's ridiculous.

I did not DVR the game or anything, but did Archies FT attempt miss wide right? I have never seen a FT missed in that fashion. I have seen air balls but the shot was at least on line just short of the basket. I think Archie missed the basket and backboard to the right.... I don't even know how it was possible. It looked like Fran was trying not to laugh, it was funny.
Yes. Wide right.

I've never seen that before. Short, sure. Not left or right.

Yes. Wide right.

I've never seen that before. Short, sure. Not left or right.

Holly Hell! I wanted to text someone about it but a buddy of mine who would of actually been watching the game was watching the Bulls game at that moment.

Archie is really, really bad. Northwestern was daring Iowa to throw him the ball down low at one point. Cole and Archie were both in and neither is a back to the basket played like Basabe. Heck Basabe is best when he faces up to the hoop, but he does have some nice quick footwork when playing back to the basket. Cole slips to the hoop nicely but is not a guy you can really post feed and expect him to do much.

Archie should receive a degree in the Spring and then be shown the door.. assuming Fran has someone to replace him which I trust he will

Latest posts