Northwestern / Auburn - Outback Bowl

I agree with the decision to go for the win. You haven't won a bowl game in 60 years, your kicker looks to be out for the rest of the game, so how can you compete with Auburn in overtime when their kicker is perfectly healthy? I don't, however, agree with running a fake field goal. Just line up and run an actual play.

whatever!! 85% of us on this board could have chumped it through from 22 yards dont you think? They could have found someone.

You'd think Patricia Fitzgerald would be bright enough to have a competent backup kicker.

You'd think it, and you'd be wrong.

No, the Auburn fans were definitely booing him.

I mean, how dare he get his leg crushed and let those mean refs call a penalty on their team?

That was a pretty lame call. The defender was rolling on the ground. I suppose Demos figured he had to take one for the team after goating that FG.

The Kitty Cats got bailed out more times than AIG in that game and still managed to blow it.

That was a pretty lame call. The defender was rolling on the ground. I suppose Demos figured he had to take one for the team after goating that FG.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Did you even see it? >_>

The Auburn player was coming in hard to block the kick and put himself on the ground and slid his back into the kicker. Demos never even saw him coming, he was watching the kick. Taking what might be a roughing the kicker call for a broken leg is not worth it. I wouldn't want Demos managing my Roth IRA if that's what he did.

That was the right call on the roughing the kicker. What a great game. NW should have won that game, but what a great game anyway!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Did you even see it? >_>

The Auburn player was coming in hard to block the kick and put himself on the ground and slid his back into the kicker. Demos never even saw him coming, he was watching the kick. Taking what might be a roughing the kicker call for a broken leg is not worth it. I wouldn't want Demos managing my Roth IRA if that's what he did.

I was being partially sarcastic. I know Goat Boy didn't really intentionally take one for the team. But I also kind of cringe when a guy who is rolling on the ground gets flagged for roughing the kicker. I know you have to call it but it just seems to lack the requisite level of intent.

I was being partially sarcastic. I know Goat Boy didn't really intentionally take one for the team. But I also kind of cringe when a guy who is rolling on the ground gets flagged for roughing the kicker. I know you have to call it but it just seems to lack the requisite level of intent.

It makes me cringe when it's called when a player is blocked into the kicker.