Norm Parker had foot amputated.

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Ferentz confirms that Norm had his foot amputated. Rehabbing now. Weeks away from return. Scary stuff.

NCAA is allowing LeVar Woods to step in for Norm on field and in film room. Ferentz thinks Norm wants to come back for long haul.

GET WELL SOON COCH PARKER!!

Last edited:
I personally think he's done after this season........esp. if he has a medical set back.

Get well soon Norm!

I bet our D has been, and will continue to play thier hearts out for him.

Hope he get's well soon and there are no more setbacks for him.

This man is the toughest SOB I've ever known. The man has been through more things emotionally, physically and mentally than any of us ever will. Yet, there is no quit in him and he still gets the job done. Who wouldn't want to play for this guy!!!???

This man is the toughest SOB I've ever known. The man has been through more things emotionally, physically and mentally than any of us ever will. Yet, there is no quit in him and he still gets the job done. Who wouldn't want to play for this guy!!!???

Exactly. For all those who have cried for his firing in years past, I hope they are filled with guilt.

Here's hoping for no more set-backs or health issues for Norm. We love you!

"Ferentz thinks Norm wants to come back for long haul."

He WANT'S to come back, but will he actually be able to? I think its a very very long shot that he does actually make it back. I sure hope he comes back but after what I have heard, I seriously doubt he will be.

IN NORM WE TRUST...unless we don't like his prevent Defense play calls...but we still LOVE NORM!....like they do on Cheers, NOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody's different so I hate to compare but my uncle had his foot (mostly) amputated when he was in his mid sixties. Very active guy. One of those old guys who constantly has to be "doing" something. Anyway, We all thought that he would be a shell of himself afterwards but, after about a month of recuperation, he was back at it albeit now with a wheelchair. Some things were tougher obviously, but he still was the same guy essentially. He only recently settled down, as he turned 90 last month.

Norm strikes me as very similar.

True story. I just went over to a guy that I work with who is a big Hawk fan. He grad from Iowa a couple years ago. Anyway, I walked over to him and said "Man, Norm got his foot amputated!" His response...."Norm from Cheers?"

I saw that Tweet and thought it was a joke. What kind of complications of a diabetic that would lead to amputating a foot???

True story. I just went over to a guy that I work with who is a big Hawk fan. He grad from Iowa a couple years ago. Anyway, I walked over to him and said "Man, Norm got his foot amputated!" His response...."Norm from Cheers?"

That should put a smile on Norm's face. He is the one always joking around. Funny stuff.

I saw that Tweet and thought it was a joke. What kind of complications of a diabetic that would lead to amputating a foot???

At his age, it probably isn't the diabetes itself that led to that amputation, but more than likely the diabetes causing something else. When AIDS was very prevalent, a lot of patients would die from pneumonia or bronchitis.

I work with diabetics in the South, where the percentage of diabetics is amazingly high. Amputations of limbs, fingers, toes, and blindness are very common results of long term diabetes. Basically, people get infections that can't be stopped by antibiotics and the only thing to do is amputate to stop the spread of the infection.

If you go to a family reunion in the South odds are you will see numerous missing limbs of older family members. People who aren't familiar with diabetes usually suspect a lot of war injuries. However, those of us that know about diabetes know what is up.

Last edited:

Latest posts