Norm Parker at JDRF Event in Johnston

extrhman

First time I got a chance to briefly talk with Norm. Very nice guy and funny as heck. During his speech he said now that he isn't DC any more the Hawks should blitz more. You can tell he is a very caring and generous person. He talked about being out recruiting and going to High Schools and seeing more obese kids these days. He made a comment about how they just want to talk or text on the phone and then said they should go climb a tree instead.

He started of with a joke.

"A wealthy Sheikh in the middle east had a son that was turning 9 years old. He asked his son what he wanted for his birthday and that he could have anything.

The son turned to him and said that he wanted some Mickey Mouse ears and his father got him the Mickey Mouse ears.

On his 16th birthday his father figured he would want a car and told him he could have any car he desired a Lamborghini or a Mercedes-Benz, whatever he wished.

The son turned to his father and said that he wanted some big shoes like Mickey Mouse, his father thought that was odd but got him the shoes.

Then on his sons 21st Birthday he told him he would buy him anything he wanted, the state of Rhode Island, the Golden Gate bridge...anything.

The son again turned to his father and said that he wanted a Mickey Mouse outfit.

His father bought him the University of Missouri."

The host was a Missouri fan.

Just thought I would share my experience.

Not whining. He said that he thinks the Hawks should blitz more. He was kind of in control of that department wasnt he?

Parker could actually make more $ doing speaking engagements than he got paid to be DC. What an awesome guy that just seems to "get" it. I will miss Parker, lets just hope not on the fball field.

Parker could actually make more $ doing speaking engagements than he got paid to be DC. What an awesome guy that just seems to "get=" it. I will miss Parker, lets just hope not on the fball field.
I bet you are right. He has a very engaging personality and is always a fun listen.

Last time I saw Norm at Lincoln he looked in real bad shape...hopefully he is taking the time away from football to really take care of himself...what an awesome guy, best wishes to Norm!

Great story! T's and P's go out to Norm's health. What a great Hawkeye. It is unfortunate he received so much criticism for doing such a tremendous job but I guess that goes with the territory.

If he thinks we should blitz more why didn't he?

4707842-man-holding-electric-light-bulb-over-his-head.jpg

1315266519347.jpg

Latest posts