"Nobody gives a damn what Pat Angerer says, he does not even know the full story...

Re: "Nobody gives a damn what Pat Angerer says, he does not even know the full story.

who is nathan prater anyway. i mean i know who pat angerer is and i value his opinion on a subject he knows fairly well i guess. but not sure who this nathan prater guy is and why i should give damn what he thinks about an iowa football matter. if i need to know about how to run my mouth about things that i dont know about to sound tough on twitter i will ask his opinion i guess

Re: "Nobody gives a damn what Pat Angerer says, he does not even know the full story.

The twitter-er is obviously off-base.

My question is: From the hundreds of ex-players who have gone through this type of quad workout, why is PA the only one speaking up?

Angerer could have supported the coaches without throwing anyone under the bus.

i just hope when all is said and done, that all players stay, none try to sue the school, and no coaches being at fault. I am happy to hear all players have been released, and i hope and pray none of them have any permanant damage.

who did he throw under the bus?

Not sure he threw anyone under the bus. He suggested, IIRC, that the afflicted players may have not gotten themselves ready for the workout or may have done something that made themselves susceptible to the muscle injury leading to rhabdo.

The twitter-er is obviously off-base.

My question is: From the hundreds of ex-players who have gone through this type of quad workout, why is PA the only one speaking up?

He hasn't been the only one to speak up. Just the only one that's been published in an article.

THIS is inaccurate. Shaun did not say anything, and has not "tweeted" for over a week. His brother tweeted the "Everything in the Dark comes to light" TO Shaun.

Just wanted to clarify that one of our own guys was NOT trashing the program. Major detail that was twisted there.

Your are correct. I apparently need some training on Twitter comments!

All week long, while everyone was excoriating every sports writer in America who dared to comment on this story with the phrase "These losers are casting judgement without knowing the whole story", I held my tounge. Because everyone here was also casting judgement without knowing the story, but just spinning it the way they want to hear it.

Now you are going after Prater's brother? Something tells me that N. Prater knows more about this situation than anyone here, or any former player. He is, in fact, casting judgement with a great deal of information on the situation.

Another thing to consider is that the same event could be interpreted different ways by different people. It would not be suprising that the Poggi's and the Prater's would view the same thing in different ways.

So all I ask, before you guys finish burying N. Prater, is to wait until the facts come out before you cast judgement on him.

There were hints during the season that players said that other players were not giving their all in practices. I know Clayborn said so after one lose this year. Even though he himself looked out of shape and tired in the 4 th quarter this year. But that May be because how hard he had to work thru all the double teams on him.

All week long, while everyone was excoriating every sports writer in America who dared to comment on this story with the phrase "These losers are casting judgement without knowing the whole story", I held my tounge. Because everyone here was also casting judgement without knowing the story, but just spinning it the way they want to hear it.

Now you are going after Prater's brother? Something tells me that N. Prater knows more about this situation than anyone here, or any former player. He is, in fact, casting judgement with a great deal of information on the situation.

Another thing to consider is that the same event could be interpreted different ways by different people. It would not be suprising that the Poggi's and the Prater's would view the same thing in different ways.

So all I ask, before you guys finish burying N. Prater, is to wait until the facts come out before you cast judgement on him.

Are you not casting judgement without knowing the whole story? How the hell do you know if he knows more than the rest of us? Lets see, Pat Angerer's comments(someone who has been thru the program and is now in the NFL) or Prater's brother. Tough call on which to believe.

Are you not casting judgement without knowing the whole story? How the hell do you know if he knows more than the rest of us? Lets see, Pat Angerer's comments(someone who has been thru the program and is now in the NFL) or Prater's brother. Tough call on which to believe.

The point is I don't know, which is why I said that different people involved in the situation may view the same thing differently. However, I do beleive that N. Prater has as much inside information on his brother's situation than anyone, including Pat Angerer. The fact that Pat went through the program and is in the NFL doesn't give him insight into S. Prater's ordeal.

So although you have made up your mind already, I think you should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, not just guys who paint the program in a favorable light. N. Prater has his right to his side of the story, and just because it is critical of the program doesn't make it untrustworthy.

Now, it's stupid of his brother to say that about Pat standing up for his coaches...but if Prater was one of those hospitalized, then his brother is correct (to a point) about Pat not knowing about what happened to land Shaun in the hospital.

I'd think Prater's brother would know more about what happened to Shaun than any of us would.

Exactly! Pat's comments come off as the old man in his rocking chair, "back when i was in school sonny, we used to run 15 miles, then do 450 sit-ups followed by running a marathon and we all survived. You kids dont know what real work is. blah. blah. blah."

Now, it's stupid of his brother to say that about Pat standing up for his coaches...but if Prater was one of those hospitalized, then his brother is correct (to a point) about Pat not knowing about what happened to land Shaun in the hospital.

I'd think Prater's brother would know more about what happened to Shaun than any of us would.

Exactly! Pat's comments come off as the old man in his rocking chair, "back when i was in school sonny, we used to run 15 miles, then do 4500 sit-ups followed by running a marathon and we all survived. You kids dont know what real work is. blah. blah. blah."

bean through the workout? or been through a similiar workout? PA was NOT there so has no idea what happened except based on past experiences (which may have been similiar). And N Prater, well lets think about this, heard first hand from his brother...........

So who has more insight to what happened THIS YEAR? first hand info from brother or judging based on previous similiar experiences. god forbid Doyle changes the workout after this horrific end to a season to make a point.

bean through the workout? or been through a similiar workout? PA was NOT there so has no idea what happened except based on past experiences (which may have been similiar). And N Prater, well lets think about this, heard first hand from his brother...........

So who has more insight to what happened THIS YEAR? first hand info from brother or judging based on previous similiar experiences. god forbid Doyle changes the workout after this horrific end to a season to make a point.

Quick question, are you a Clown fan?

S. Prater needs to do 1 of 2 things...

1. Convince his brother to shut his loud mouth

or

2. Submit his name for the NFL's supplemental draft

He's not bigger than the program, so he's welcome to leave if he has even the smallest problem with the program that he would like to air in public.

S. Prater needs to do 1 of 2 things...

1. Convince his brother to shut his loud mouth

or

2. Submit his name for the NFL's supplemental draft

He's not bigger than the program, so he's welcome to leave if he has even the smallest problem with the program that he would like to air in public.

#1 sounds like the right choice to me.

PA talks to many of the current players quite often. He has not only done the workout (of one very similar that was actually considered tougher), but he has the same second-hand knowledge that NP would have (except, he has it from several different people - some that were in the hospital, some that weren't). Additionally, PA know the coaches and staff.

NP really only has one source (his brother). He doesn't know the staff, he doesn't know the workout, and we aren't even really sure how much his brother told him (or how much of it he truly understood).

Between those two sources, PA knows/understands a LOT more about the situation. That does not, of course, mean that he knows everything. I don't think anyone does at this point...