Noah Fant= freak

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...s-plan-is-well-its-going-pretty-good-20180612

It was late testing in the spring. Everyone tested their vertical jumps around the same time. The room was bustling and then one of the coaches said, “42.”

For reference: Zach Lavine had a max vertical of 41.5 inches at the NBA combine. Victor Oladipo had 42. Nate Robinson had 43.5.
His numbers were better than all TEs at this year's combine. All of em, not just the vertical.

Enjoy his last year at Kinnick.

Love me some Noah Fant. I'm surprised he didn't kick Nebraska when they were down though. He's much classier than I am. I would have buried them. "You know...well, I was concerned about going to Nebraska since I know they haven't forced a punt out of Ohio State in 6 years. I can't get the ball if our defense is on the field the whole game."

Hoping the dude stays healthy and that we use the crap out of him 30ish completions isn't going to cut it. Even if 11-15 of them are TDs. He needs to be closer to 50 plus touches. He just does. So here's to BF and the ball being in his and Stanleys hands to make the most of using him. There isn't a more 'freakish' athlete in college football to take advantage of using out there. And this is the last yr we'll get to do it since no matter what he'll be cashing checks to suit up next yr to play.

That's pretty cool, but my 12 year old dog could've written a better article. WTF was that?

Realistically, it’s totally realistic for Fant. But right now in June, it slots solidly into “possibility.”
Jumps and dunks. This is June, so the next direction for Tuesday’s conversation with Fant was, of course, going to the NFL.

Lol. Morehouse tweets more about his craft beer fetish than he does Iowa sports. I think he was in the bag and up against a deadline with this one.

Last edited:
4 guys at the combine tied for the best vertical this year at 41.5. Mike Gesicki, the PSU TE was one of them.

That's pretty cool, but my 12 year old dog could've written a better article. WTF was that?
I would like to see that!
dog-writing.jpg

Teams are going to be all over him, they know he is a weapon. That's why it's the perfect time to open it up a little.
It's fun to say this is what we are going to do, see if you can stop us. But in today's world that is pretty tough sledding play after play. Spreading it around is the best option. When you scheme around one or two players the other team is going to just scheme around them as well.
Good news is, I think we can open it up more. That is going to take the heat off of everything else.
It's getting tiring running into stacked boxes.
Going into this year all anyone knows about us is, we usually have a pretty good ol, our dl is deep, Nate is pretty good and Fant and Nick can catch the ball.
Everything we know and discuss here.
I'm betting teams will test our lbs and cb.
I just don't think we are going to give up much in the running game.
I bet until we prove we can throw the ball, they will stack the box and blanket out TE's.
That's the keys people will focus on stopping.

I honestly can't think of one reason to ever be in any other personnel other than 2 TE/1RB with Fant and Hockensen's talent. You can run straight power out of that set. You can move one of the tight ends to an H-Back as a lead back on a running play. You can motion one TE to a side to create an unbalanced line. You can send both out on pass plays. You can motion both of them out wide creating a 4 WR set. And at the end of the day, with that personnel grouping, the defense could never load up on one tendency or another because we can run AND pass equally well/effectively out of that personnel grouping.

In the past, 3 WR sets meant pass over 80% of the time...conversely, 2 back sets (FB & RB) was a run 80% of the time. This grouping would allow us to be truly multiple and force defenses to play straight up, which opens up so many possibilities.

I honestly can't think of one reason to ever be in any other personnel other than 2 TE/1RB with Fant and Hockensen's talent. You can run straight power out of that set. You can move one of the tight ends to an H-Back as a lead back on a running play. You can motion one TE to a side to create an unbalanced line. You can send both out on pass plays. You can motion both of them out wide creating a 4 WR set. And at the end of the day, with that personnel grouping, the defense could never load up on one tendency or another because we can run AND pass equally well/effectively out of that personnel grouping.

In the past, 3 WR sets meant pass over 80% of the time...conversely, 2 back sets (FB & RB) was a run 80% of the time. This grouping would allow us to be truly multiple and force defenses to play straight up, which opens up so many possibilities.
It's a good one for sure. You could offset one as an h back send everyone deep and have the offset te and rb stay back and protect the qb too. Because when a team is offset in a two te set, it usually means a run and if they are already crowding the line, may as well suck them further in and burn them for it.

The hands have to be more consistent, but the sky is the limit for this kid. Barring injury, he is probably cashing checks after this year.

Latest posts