No Wisconsin no problem right? Official Ohio St vs Iowa Big Ten Tournament Game thread

Sandfort LITERALLY did not touch the buckeye
True. Officials will occasionally miss calls -- it's bound to happen in a game that fast-paced -- but what really bugs me is when officials don't blow the whistle as the shot goes up, but only when they see the shot not go in they blow their whistle. That happened multiple times against both teams today, and that is BS. Sometimes the ball was actually halfway down from the backboard before they called a foul. Either there was a foul on the shot or not -- you basically know the refs have a 'let them play' attitude when you see this, because if shots are successfully made through contact, they'll often not call a foul -- only if the shot is missed. Unfortunate that the Hawks had the Bucks in the Bonus with over 9 min remaining, and never got them into the double bonus.

Going into halftime

Looks like anyone's game

Dix plays Solid D and should shoot more

Gonna back off and watch the second half

With fingers crossed

Fingers Crossed GIFs | Tenor

Too much McNeil in the second half

Sandfort spent too much time on the bench with 2 fouls

Too many high-speed turnovers

Too few offensive rebounds

Otherwise played a good game

Buckeyes played better down the stretch

Ohio State wins the Maddest of Mad Scrambles

Anyway in the BTT last season we played three games, Won the Championship

And played a seriously lackluster game against the Richmond Spiders

And lost in the first round

Perhaps it will different this year in The Dance

With a well-rested crew

Optimism Springs Eternal

:cool:

Last edited:
Too much McNeil in the second half

Sandfort spent too much time on the bench with 2 fouls

Too many high-speed turnovers

Too few offensive rebounds

Otherwise played a good game

Buckeyes played better down the stretch

Ohio State wins the Maddest of Mad Scrambles

Anyway in the BTT last season we played three games, Won the Championship

And played a seriously lackluster game against the Richmond Spiders

And lost in the first round

Perhaps it will different this year in The Dance

Will a well-rested crew

Optimism Springs Eternal

:cool:
Duke, i would love to tip a beer or two with you. So many posters are proclaiming the demise of Iowa basketball and probably the end of the world too, yet your optimism is contagious!

I keep clicking "like" on many of yous' posts about how Iowa teases with big wins and positioning into being theirs to lose ... then promptly losing it. I would like to clarify that I DO NOT LIKE it one bit.

Rob - Please create the much needed 3rd button for "Agree".

Yep. That is why it is hard seeing this team being able to sustain good shooting for more than 2 games in the tournament.
I'd be happy with "just" two wins. That would have us in the Sweet 16. But I don't see it for this team. As an 8-10 seed we'll have a matchup in the second round that we won't likely get past. This team has too many holes to win against a top tier team, IMO. And this is assuming we win a first round game.

Although I loved the women winning the Big, I really didn't want a 7 deep Iowa team playing three games before the NCAA. They gave this game away, should have won it. Refocus and rest for the "Real Tournament". Get healthy and know that we probable won't be favored in the next game. Fine with me.

True. Officials will occasionally miss calls -- it's bound to happen in a game that fast-paced -- but what really bugs me is when officials don't blow the whistle as the shot goes up, but only when they see the shot not go in they blow their whistle. That happened multiple times against both teams today, and that is BS. Sometimes the ball was actually halfway down from the backboard before they called a foul. Either there was a foul on the shot or not -- you basically know the refs have a 'let them play' attitude when you see this, because if shots are successfully made through contact, they'll often not call a foul -- only if the shot is missed. Unfortunate that the Hawks had the Bucks in the Bonus with over 9 min remaining, and never got them into the double bonus.
Agree, I thought Iowa should have had several and one's. Way more than Ohio State. Would have made a difference in foul trouble with OSU and we shoot more FTs. Good to get out of the Big, Fran has worn out his welcome with the refs. this year. The non-calls, especially on the end of that scramble where Kris got fouled hard, plus the quick calls against Conner just go to show that Iowa will never get a fair shake with Big refs. That is all on Fran, when he show's up a ref. they as a group are not going to forget. I've noticed Iowa getting no close calls in the last few games since he did that. That sucks for the players they deserve better.

Although I loved the women winning the Big, I really didn't want a 7 deep Iowa team playing three games before the NCAA. They gave this game away, should have won it. Refocus and rest for the "Real Tournament". Get healthy and know that we probable won't be favored in the next game. Fine with me.

Then getting bounced early in the BT tournament has to translate into at least one win in the NCAA tournament. Otherwise, you are laying a bunch of eggs at the end of the season.

How can you only get 1 point between 2 starters that play the guard position? You are not going to win many games that way!

So you're upset Iowa isn't out recruiting....checks notes, Ohio State? lol

They have more 4 or 5 star talent on their current roster, right now, than Iowa has had in it's entire program the last 20 years.

I'm sure you said the same shit last season when we lost Keegan and Jordan. Iowa returns a lot, we have a coach who's really good at placing in the top half of the conference and I imagine Iowa will be either a tick better or in a very similar spot as far as record and resume next season.

In fact, I'll bet any amount you'd like to put down on it.

So with all these four and five stars why do we always make an early exit in the NCAA tournament? If the players are all that, then the coaching must be the problem.

Piss defense, piss defense, piss defense. Teams drive at will into the paint, over and over, and over. Our guards have always be slow under Fran.
We have fast guards. Perkins, Ulis, Dix, and the other freshman (can’t recall his name at the moment) who are expected to protect against a whole bunch of power five 3 star+ scholarship athletes. Apparently you don’t get it that the type of guard you want is one who consistently stops other guards and then beats them to the hoop every time. Good grief. Do you ever read your own posts?

I stopped listening to him a long time ago..... He's brutal. Nice guy huge homer but man even 5 plus yrs ago he was rough. I can't imagine how bad he must be now. Which is too bad because there's no one better at what he does then Bobby Hanson.
Have you ever listened to the announcers from other BT basketball teams?

Wisconsin’s run in football and basketball looks like it is coming to an end. What you respect about the long run was that when they had their “moment” they usually didn’t f*ck it up.
I am happy about that. However, Luke Fickle scares the hell out of me. And I would not be shocked if Gard gets fired.

Have you ever listened to the announcers from other BT basketball teams?
Negative. I mean once in a blue moon I'll hear an ESPN radio crew on if I'm on the road and just catch something but I won't listen to much. I used to listen to radio all the time as a kid but not so much anymore.

Latest posts