No Wisconsin no problem right? Official Ohio St vs Iowa Big Ten Tournament Game thread

Not really. Just like with football…beat nobody in preseason (not named the clowns), just couple conference wins of significance. Tied for 5-8 in conference, barely over .500 in an incredibly down league. Atrocious loss to an OSU team that clearly didn’t care this season.

If it turns out Fran is jumping to ND, does that play in to the team's lack of energy the last 2 games?

I don't want Fran gone, just wondering why this team has fallen flat when they should be ramping up efforts.
No way we’d be that lucky. Only thing luckier is narduzzi retiring and Kirk to pitt

I ran into a Hawkeyes fan here at work and we talked about that last game at home. “Senior day, playing for a second seed, at home against a weak team………. and we play flat and lose………. It sure is tough being a Hawkeyes.”

He summed it up quit well. It just seems our coaches are just good enough in basketball and football to keep coming back to pick up their checks each week.
What I've come to realize it that generally it's never the big "meaningful" game, but rather the one that carries the most weight. We do such a great job year in and year out of getting into the driver seat and lining everything up and then that ever so important game gets there and we piss it away. It's almost comical really... I mean if I didn't bleed black and gold.

Ohio State starts 4 freshmen and one senior

Hawks 3 juniors and 2 seniors

Not certain what that means

Fran is getting out recruited is what that means. Take away the twins and what do you have???

Guards on defense who get beat to the basket at will, causing an internal break down of the defense at the post positions.

The good news is that we lose our center, our NBA forward, and assist leader after this season. Things are looking up next season for sure.

Not really. Just like with football…beat nobody in preseason (not named the clowns), just couple conference wins of significance. Tied for 5-8 in conference, barely over .500 in an incredibly down league. Atrocious loss to an OSU team that clearly didn’t care this season.

Clowns won their tournament game and I guess it is your time to troll and shit.

First off, the Ohio St coach deserves a ton of credit with his use of 2nd half timeouts. At the 9 min mark Iowa was +4 the first 11 min of the 2nd half, the teams had played the previous few minutes at Iowa's breakneck pace, and all 5 of his players were literally walking up the court with the ball...they got a great effort basket to close the gap to 1 pt, then he used his 2nd timeout of the half, leaving him with only 1 to use the last 9 min of the game. Just excellent coaching.
Iowa quickly built their lead back up to 4pts, then Fran made a horrible decision to switch from a pressing man-to-man to a match-up zone defense. Listen, Iowa is terrible at playing zone defenses, let alone a more complicated match-up zone. The Bucks immediately nailed an open corner 3 with little physical effort expended. Iowa scored again to get the lead back to 3, and I'm yelling at the screen 'GET OUT OF THAT ZONE!!" Nope...so the Bucks easily get another uncontested corner 3. 6 pts in two possessions for no good reason. Horrible coaching decision when you had the opponent physically on the ropes.
The other big deal was Perkins missing both FTs with 2 min remaining...that 2 pts was the difference in the game, basically.
Also, completely baffled why there was not a foul called with 14 sec remaining when Murray got the loose ball...he was completely under control and the guy just literally tackled him on his legs. I mean, I'm not a guy who rags on officials, but man, you gotta call a foul there.

What I've come to realize it that generally it's never the big "meaningful" game, but rather the one that carries the most weight. We do such a great job year in and year out of getting into the driver seat and lining everything up and then that ever so important game gets there and we piss it away. It's almost comical really... I mean if I didn't bleed black and gold.

Wisconsin’s run in football and basketball looks like it is coming to an end. What you respect about the long run was that when they had their “moment” they usually didn’t f*ck it up.

Wisconsin’s run in football and basketball looks like it is coming to an end. What you respect about the long run was that when they had their “moment” they usually didn’t f*ck it up.
I mean honestly thats the story of iowa sports. It's seriously win a "big game" that no one expects you to, on a pretty consistent basis to put themselves into position to win something big like a conference/division title (or most recently a double bye) and then lose to a bottom feeder or mediocre team, that you have absolutely no business losing to, just to complete the narrative.

Bardo said: Buckeyes are Over Exurberent

Damn, been a while since I have heard the particular work

Perhaps Never before

Last edited:
Fran is getting out recruited is what that means. Take away the twins and what do you have???

Guards on defense who get beat to the basket at will, causing an internal break down of the defense at the post positions.

The good news is that we lose our center, our NBA forward, and assist leader after this season. Things are looking up next season for sure.
So you're upset Iowa isn't out recruiting....checks notes, Ohio State? lol

They have more 4 or 5 star talent on their current roster, right now, than Iowa has had in it's entire program the last 20 years.

I'm sure you said the same shit last season when we lost Keegan and Jordan. Iowa returns a lot, we have a coach who's really good at placing in the top half of the conference and I imagine Iowa will be either a tick better or in a very similar spot as far as record and resume next season.

In fact, I'll bet any amount you'd like to put down on it.

Latest posts