No PT for Cougs?

masoncityhawkeye

Ok, I know it might have been because of matchups but why not play him at all?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, he is one of our best 3 pt shooters and has been playing ok lately. Not to mention it is a home game and our crowd loves him.

Read somewhere that his back might be causing him issues again...

If not it was just yet another lick head scratcher.

Rumor has it that his back was flaring up,but I could also see Lick not feeling like Cougs had a good matchup vs Michigan...Sims is just too athletic and the rest are basically wing guys...Brommer played ok and showed a bit more defense than Cougs can..makes sense.

From my understanding, he is playing the 4 spot.

I don't know if we wanted to take our 4 out of the lineup last night.

per Rob Howe he asked Lick if he was hurt and Lick's respons was something along the lines of "maybe his feelings, he is fine"

That didn't sit well with me. Give the big guy some PT, he needs to learn and gain experience!!!

per Rob Howe he asked Lick if he was hurt and Lick's respons was something along the lines of "maybe his feelings, he is fine"

That didn't sit well with me. Give the big guy some PT, he needs to learn and gain experience!!!

Hah, classic Lick quote...way to coach 'em up!

Yet another reason for Lick to be shown the door with a class comment there....

To just not play Cougs is yet another stupid move by Lick.

Yes,that is a snarky response if lick said that...implies that Cougs is in his doghouse ...not smart for Lick,who is not in a solid position with the fans anyway, to be flippant like that....go coachspeak on a response there,lick....''no good matchups'' sounds better.

Wow! Did he really say that? I think Barta should not allow Lick to speak to the media the same way Ferentz doesn't allow his freshman to do it.

Yet another reason for Lick to be shown the door with a class comment there....

To just not play Cougs is yet another stupid move by Lick.

Really? You would have taken Fuller out? Really? I am real glad you are not the coach.

I think Lick's comment could be out of context - could it be he was talking about the loss? I'm sure my feelings would be hurt if I just lost a heartbreaker too like that in OT.

I don't know... just thinking out loud.

Really? You would have taken Fuller out? Really? I am real glad you are not the coach.

Yes because you would have to take fuller out to put in Cougs, once again your not thinking at all and letting your love for Lick shine through.

Yes because you would have to take fuller out to put in Cougs, once again your not thinking at all and letting your love for Lick shine through.

Again, I think it has to go back to positions.

Cole and Brommer at the 5.
Fuller and Cougs at the 4.

Did you really want Fuller to come out? I sure didn't.

I could be mistaken, but I think Cougill and Fuller have seen the floor together quite a bit this season.

I was hoping there was an injury or illness that accounted for Brennan not playing a minute. Not that I wish him ill--I just think that if he was healthy enough to play, it's another example of the unsolvable mystery of Coach Lickliter's player management.

I will say that I thought Brommer showed some signs of life in there. Maybe he ought to stick around rather than transferring to Long Beach State after all. ;-)

Which is why you don't limit yourself like that, if you do you make yourself look stupid as a head coach...sure cougs might not have been bset matchup for Sims, but turn it around and sims would have HAD to guard Cougs out at the 3 pt line also getting him away from the bucket.

I am sorry but Brommer should not see time instead of Cougs.. Unless he is hurt I don't see any reason for keeping him on the Bench. Especially at the end of a close game when we know we will be shooting foul shots. He is a good shooter..

I can't believe the pass that TL is getting from so many Kool aid drinkers.

I hope you are right with that Spank. As thin as we are though it is hard to believe we couldn't put Cougs in at the 5 for a little bit though.

I just didn't like the comment of "his feelings are hurt" pertained to him not playing. but then again I wasn't there to hear it either.

I hope you are right with that Spank. As thin as we are though it is hard to believe we couldn't put Cougs in at the 5 for a little bit though.

I just didn't like the comment of "his feelings are hurt" pertained to him not playing. but then again I wasn't there to hear it either.

And, by all means, I could be wrong on both accounts.

Latest posts