No Prime Time League - but this aint bad.

Perkins explosiveness will make him unstoppable if he can shoot and dribble good. I think Kris might be 1st team conference this year and Perkins will be next year.

Sandfort's combination of length, quick release, and high release point might be the best I've ever seen in an Iowa uniform.

If Kris, Patrick, Sandfort, and Perkins all can make 3s at a 40% clip, they will get good shots every time down the floor.

i not trying to dog on Mulvey but it's a very unforgiving league. If you can't jump you have to be physical. I think that might be at least another year away for him. Spot duty at best. My hopes are for a a slimmed down Josh who can bang with the bigs in the conference. If Josh can change his body he could be a tremendous player with a high ceiling.

There was a big ten analysist that predicted Patrick would be one of the best players in the big ten this year that raised my eyebrows.

i not trying to dog on Mulvey but it's a very unforgiving league. If you can't jump you have to be physical. I think that might be at least another year away for him. Spot duty at best. My hopes are for a a slimmed down Josh who can bang with the bigs in the conference. If Josh can change his body he could be a tremendous player with a high ceiling.

Everyone is pointing to the point guard spot as being the weak link on this year's team. I disagree with that I think it is the 5 spot and it is not even close. You can work a combo of Perk and 2 or 3 other guys and get effective point guard play I am confident of that. But to ask Rebracca in combo with KM, JoshO and Mulvey to give you enough quality minutes...that gets a little tricky.

If KM is playing heavy minutes at the 5...there's a problem. It can't be just Rebracca/KM handling the 5 spot, you gotta get significant contributions from JoshO and Mulvey.

Everyone is pointing to the point guard spot as being the weak link on this year's team. I disagree with that I think it is the 5 spot and it is not even close. You can work a combo of Perk and 2 or 3 other guys and get effective point guard play I am confident of that. But to ask Rebracca in combo with KM, JoshO and Mulvey to give you enough quality minutes...that gets a little tricky.

If KM is playing heavy minutes at the 5...there's a problem. It can't be just Rebracca/KM handling the 5 spot, you gotta get significant contributions from JoshO and Mulvey.
The strike out by Fran for a big man might be the difference from a good to a great season. Iowa will probable need Rebracca back in the post and that sucks for him and Iowa.

Patrick looks very good, finally reaching his potential

Remember when he was a ranked high school player and

Everyone went out of their way to rag on him, brain tumor survivor and all that considered

This is going to be a fun team to watch this season

Especially since the expectations are somewhat lower than in recent years

Have a feeling that they are going to surprise quite a few folk

:cool:

The strike out by Fran for a big man might be the difference from a good to a great season. Iowa will probable need Rebracca back in the post and that sucks for him and Iowa.

Was disappointed they didn't land Osun Osunniyi. Was even more disappointed he ended up a Cyclone. On the defensive end he is exactly what they need.

Yeah kinda feels that way... I wonder if they may even play a lot of small ball and force others to matchup to us. At least for stretches anyway. If our big guys are more of a liability out there and only out there to set screens then why not?

Patrick looks very good, finally reaching his potential

Remember when he was a ranked high school player and

Everyone went out of their way to rag on him, brain tumor survivor and all that considered

This is going to be a fun team to watch this season

Especially since the expectations are somewhat lower than in recent years

Have a feeling that they are going to surprise quite a few folk

:cool:
I think it was thyroid cancer

Wow, this team ain't losing in 2022-23. You watch those videos and there are so many plays where you think "there's no one else in D-1 who can make that happen." This is definitely a top 5 team. Only thing that matters now is where they stage us in the dance.

LoL! Delivered.

Wow, this team ain't losing in 2022-23. You watch those videos and there are so many plays where you think "there's no one else in D-1 who can make that happen." This is definitely a top 5 team. Only thing that matters now is where they stage us in the dance.

Yea, that shooting with no defense on ya is impressive! F.

I think it was thyroid cancer
It was. Luckily, thyroid CA is one of the few cancers with a good prognosis. Testicular CA is the same. But, it's still scary to anyone Dx'ed with it or a family member Dx'ed with it. Ya never know the path that it will take, even though it is treatable.
Also, with thyroid CA, there are lasting systemic effects on the body, which Patrick had to deal with. Not easy at his developing age.

Josh has to slim down a bit and get his stamina up quite a bit. He has to be able to go at least 5-7 min before being taken out.

Agree. I wouldn't think the PG position is a weakness with this years team.

the 5 is absolutely the weakest part of this team but IMO, it's going to be a tad stronger than last season.
I agree. I wouldn't rule out that Rebracca could have a better yr. He'll be more comfortable with both his role on the team and what he's capable of out there. He's physically undermatched against a lot of 5s in our league but he can still do some things out there.

If you watch his highlights from before he came to Iowa you'd see he's got some offensive game to him. Maybe in yr 2 he'll be more confident to try and do more. We'll see

Latest posts