No more line shifts seems to be working

brozley

I wonder how much better the players feel on the floor when they are able to break a sweat before getting taken out of game....
The hockey like substitutions had been routine for Coach Fran, but not so much the last few games. Team playing better not a surprise to me.
Let’s hope a shorter bench and longer stints on the floor is the new Fran.
Guys look more in sync on the floor. I know weak opponents are part of this too.
He seems to have figured out who his best players are, although I could have done witty the Uhl experience again last night.
Go Hawks!

I wonder how much better the players feel on the floor when they are able to break a sweat before getting taken out of game....
The hockey like substitutions had been routine for Coach Fran, but not so much the last few games. Team playing better not a surprise to me.
Let’s hope a shorter bench and longer stints on the floor is the new Fran.
Guys look more in sync on the floor. I know weak opponents are part of this too.
He seems to have figured out who his best players are, although I could have done witty the Uhl experience again last night.
Go Hawks!

We beat a very depleted team. Hard to take much away from it. That said, it is better to watch.

We beat a very depleted team. Hard to take much away from it. That said, it is better to watch.
They we considered a top team before they were depleted. That's at least something to consider. They still have a couple really good players on their team.

They we considered a top team before they were depleted. That's at least something to consider. They still have a couple really good players on their team.
Their best player was out and they only had 8 scholarship players available. If the Hawks can win 2 out of the next 4 I’d admit there was something there, if not I’d have to say it was more a case of beating a bad opponent.

Yes they do. Will be interesting to see what happens to Pitino.

They typically don't work. For the team I coach, I've come up with a rule I won't sub more than two players at a time, unless a special circumstance with the right (veteran) players. I usually do one guard and one big position. I've learned from the past that subbing 3 or 4 really screws up the momentum. I think it's important to leave the majority out there who have been in the flow of the game.

The only time it works if going all out hard court full press (defense from hell) with running game. Then need to bring in line changes trying to tire the other team out.

Latest posts