No More Guards in this Recruiting Class

I am taking a wait and see atitude on McCarty's statement about no more PG this year. Maybe Fran said he wasn't going to recruit a HS PG this year, it just doesn't make sense not to take a JC PG for 1 or 2 years.

Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against walk-ons...but come on...we are going to be terrible next year if this is the lineup we are going with. Why not just sign Coco for 1 year....if he sucks then its no big deal cuz he isn't taking up a spot the next year.

Coco is petitioning for a second year of eligibility so it may not be a 1 and done. Fran may be concerned in tying up a scholarship for potentially 2 years. This may speak to him wanting 4 schollies for 2011 for sure.

So we comfortable with 1, possibly 2, walk on's backing up the point guard in an up tempo style of play? Honestly I even question how effective Cully will be in the up tempo game as it did not seem to take much to trap him when opposing teams pressed us.
Lick could have easily setup some type of press break and help Cully out but he did things his way to a fault and the result was embarassing.
Current players can handle things better than we have seen in the past when htye had their hands tied.

I can't tell if this is serious or not? If it is serious I am going to have to ask if you have ever watched an Iowa game before.

As a matter of fact I photographed all but 1 of the home games so not only did I get to see May's athleticism up close, I also gained insight into the attitude and mentality of several of the players and I assure you that if the coach asked him to step up and be ready that he will be putting in time preparing to do just that.

I'm not saying he will blow by folks while dribbling but if you asked me to pick between Gatens & May in terms of experienced backcourt players on who slides over to the point, I'll stand behind my statement.

Latest posts