no luck for me on ticket master

Same here...refreshed and I got "in" literally within milliseconds of the tickets being available...I waited while it "searched for best available" only to come up empty.

Ticket brokers have ruined things for the general public.

My measly 58 priority points isn't going to get me tickets from the University. Looks like I am out of luck.

Keep your head up, just keep checking and checking places. Hopefully these prices fall some

Prices are not going to fall much. Even if they did fall to a reasonable level, by that time there won't be any flights available and if they are, they will have gone up significantly in price. I can't take the 31st off from work (already asked). I can only take a late flight. There is exactly 1 out of Des Moines.

Still holding out hope I get them from the University, but realistically, I'm out of luck.

Jon said that Ticketmaster only had 500 tickets, and they were gone in seconds. We had 4 of us trying online and the phone and didn't get anything.

WTF is the point of selling 500 tickets on TM? If each school gets 22,000, and TM had 500, that's 44,500 out of 92,500 tickets. So that means the brokers got 48,000 tickets before the common fan (not huge donors) even had a chance to buy a single one? Lame...

Jon said that Ticketmaster only had 500 tickets, and they were gone in seconds. We had 4 of us trying online and the phone and didn't get anything.

WTF is the point of selling 500 tickets on TM? If each school gets 22,000, and TM had 500, that's 44,500 out of 92,500 tickets. So that means the brokers got 48,000 tickets before the common fan (not huge donors) even had a chance to buy a single one? Lame...

The whole deal is just huge cash grab. Lots of party's making big, big money off fans that obviously bleed green.

started search right at 10 am and 10 minutes of refreshing, wonder how many TM had to sell

Did you call Prime Sports? (Jon's buddies) They can get you all the tickets you need for only $1,325.00 each.
I called to get five, thinking they started at $335.00 per ticket. (confusing website)

http://www.stubhub.com/rose-bowl-tickets-2016-rose-bowl-pasadena-rose-bowl-1-1-2016/event/9383031/

Here are tickets...if you're lucky enough to win a lottery soon (sans the Illinois lottery since they aren't paying the winners more than $600)...
Friends in SoCal say to be patient. After initial run up, prices will start to fall. But they may not know about voracious Hawkeye fans who haven't been there since 1991 (after getting screwed in 2002). Good luck to anyone who's looking.

Friends in SoCal say to be patient. After initial run up, prices will start to fall. But they may not know about voracious Hawkeye fans who haven't been there since 1991 (after getting screwed in 2002). Good luck to anyone who's looking.

I really hope that happens. In Dec 2013, the MSU Rose ticket was huge...started out around a grand a ticket the first week of sales. When all was said done, the sellout averaged $678 a ticket. I think that also factored in the face value tix the schools got, which was 24K tix apiece, or over half.

The Rose Bowl has chosen to market their product this way. If anyone wants to be irritated at something or someone, The Rose would be the correct target.

Maybe that was true in the past, but I seriously doubt they are going to fall very much.

And if they do fall 7-10 days before the game? Good luck finding reasonably priced air fare.....the cost only goes up the closer you get to departure date, or motel rooms. Your overall cost is likely to be higher than if you just bought the tickets now.

Prices are not going to fall much. Even if they did fall to a reasonable level, by that time there won't be any flights available and if they are, they will have gone up significantly in price. I can't take the 31st off from work (already asked). I can only take a late flight. There is exactly 1 out of Des Moines.

Still holding out hope I get them from the University, but realistically, I'm out of luck.

Ticket City has end zone seats at $491.

Latest posts