No love with kickoff times for the Hawks.

stilts

Has anyone looked at the kickoff times for Iowa compared to Wiscy, Ohio State, The Cats, Nebraska etc? I know we dissappointed last year but wow, are we relegated to the 11am slot for the year? Wish it would be a little more evenly distributed.:(

I'm good with 11 AM. I know it isn't great for national exposure, but as a nervous fan, I love being able to wake up, focus on the game, watch and cheer, then relax while watching other games the rest of the day. When the Hawks play at 7 PM (or 9 like last year), I just get nervous all day and I struggle to enjoy watching other games. Granted, I rarely attend games, so I imagine that would change my perspective.

I'm good with 11 AM. I know it isn't great for national exposure, but as a nervous fan, I love being able to wake up, focus on the game, watch and cheer, then relax while watching other games the rest of the day. When the Hawks play at 7 PM (or 9 like last year), I just get nervous all day and I struggle to enjoy watching other games. Granted, I rarely attend games, so I imagine that would change my perspective.

You get nervous and your sn is thejumper. Do we need a HN intervention?:eek::D

I like the 11AM cause that makes kick off time 9AM here in Arizona. I can wake up and watch kick off in my PJ's with a cup of coffee and toast. No better way to start a Saturday than with a Hawkeye Win.

For those of you who love 11am games, you probably do not tailgate or attend the games. 11am games are fine a few times a year. I would like to see an even split, 3 11am games, 3 2:30 and 1 night game. 11am games do not provide enough time to tailgate. And I usually get to my tailgating spot between 5-6am. Football was not meant to be played in the morning. Thankfully we should start seeing more 2:30 kick offs. For the games in late October and November, 11am games make more sense, because it gets dark by the end of 2:30 games. But the September games especially it would be nice to have later starts so you can enjoy the warm weather and tailgate longer.

Agree with Bud 110%. I wish Barta and Ferentz were more open to the 2:30 kicks now that there finally is some flexibility.

The UI people want the earlier kickoff everytime for sure. I know TV plays the biggest role, but if it were up to them it would be 1:00.

For those of you who love 11am games, you probably do not tailgate or attend the games. 11am games are fine a few times a year. I would like to see an even split, 3 11am games, 3 2:30 and 1 night game. 11am games do not provide enough time to tailgate. And I usually get to my tailgating spot between 5-6am. Football was not meant to be played in the morning. Thankfully we should start seeing more 2:30 kick offs. For the games in late October and November, 11am games make more sense, because it gets dark by the end of 2:30 games. But the September games especially it would be nice to have later starts so you can enjoy the warm weather and tailgate longer.

Do you really need 5 hours of tailgating? I assume "tailgating" is a synonym for "getting hammered".

I am also a lover of 11am games. I love to get up and immediately have Hawkeye football on my mind. Take the kids down to grandmas, drive back to IC, then walk over to the game. It helps that I don't tailgate. I agree with those who suggest 230 for Sept but 11am for Oct/Nov.

I tailgate and we leave Des Moines around 4 am for 11 am games. We are in our spot by 6 and 4 hours of tailgating is perfect. Football wasn't meant to be played so people could tailgate and drink for hours and hours before the game. I love the 11 am games as we also are out of the lot by 3:30 and home by 5:30 and the day doesn't seem like a complete waste as I get home in time to do something with my family or just watch the night games.

I'm all in for 11 AM games. I get too much anxiety if I have to wait all day for kick off.

Latest posts