No Jok at state

Wow... Jok has already become a divisive figure for some on this board and he has yet to take a dump at Rienow...

I have no idea what you are talking about but I could say that about most your posts. You are the guy who tries so hard to be cool, and fails so much at it.

I so badly wanna be message-board cool. So badly. It's what makes me wake up each morning. No lie.

If anyone thinks this kid is going to be any more than a spot up shooter, they are setting themselves up for disappointment. He's a good shooter with length. He won't get by anyone in Big 10 play. He can't drive past high school kids

images

If anyone thinks this kid is going to be any more than a spot up shooter, they are setting themselves up for disappointment. He's a good shooter with length. He won't get by anyone in Big 10 play. He can't drive past high school kids
You say this with such assuredness. I know Fran thinks otherwise. Along with a lot of others who have seen him play quite a bit. Pete will improve in all facets of his game over the next few years and I for one can't wait to see what he becomes but I think it is very shortsighted to say he won't get by anyone in the B1G. The average high school player doesn't close out on great shooters very well, so once Pete starts making shots from the outside in college guys are going to start flying to him to close out which with a simple pump fake will allow him to get by the first wave quite often. Pete will be a very good offensive weapon in Fran's system. He will get stronger and more confident with good coaching and a great training staff. The sky is the limit for him, trust me.

My concern is that he didn't get his team to state. You would think that a high level d1 player could get his team to state, not always, but more often than not. Done on here are calling for him to be our gut that we call on to score next year against teams. There will be a big difference between Indiana, meechigan, msu, Ohio state compared to Roosevelt.

1) I think he will have the athletic ability to do slightly more than just jumpshooting. He hasn't had a lot of time to train hard and improve his explosiveness, hopefully he'll get that. I remember back in the 8th grade when he was coming up as a 'phenom' and the famous rumor around school was that he couldn't do a pushup, one pushup. Some kids develop differently and I see big things for him.

2) What really worries me is potential attitude/leadership. I don't want to plant some 'bad attitude' seed, but as a Roosevelt guy, I think he's selfish. The way in which he carries himself, the way in which he transferred, it all sort of bothers me. Add to that the fact that he should of been much more successful at Valley.. and I'm worried. I agree with what someone said earlier, you like to see a great HS player lead his team to state.

So all in all, my excitement stems from his still unreached potential and his scoring/game, and my worry is that he isn't a good teammate/leader. You hear those guys with the camera yelling "pass it, pass it!". Now any whacko with a phone can take a video and commentate themselves. But those are probably guys that watch a lot more Valley basketball than I do, and I hope Pete knows to pass the rock once in a while

My concern is that he didn't get his team to state. You would think that a high level d1 player could get his team to state, not always, but more often than not. Done on here are calling for him to be our gut that we call on to score next year against teams. There will be a big difference between Indiana, meechigan, msu, Ohio state compared to Roosevelt.
He will definitely have a learning curve no doubt but Peter has a very good overall skillset to start with. Once he is in a college program his development should be outstanding. He will also be elgible to go on the trip to Europe and play with the team this summer I believe which will only help him even more. The biggest factor for Peter will simply be the speed at which the game is played at the next level. Learning and training your body to be as effective at a much higher exertion rate is a critical factor and why so often Freshmen struggle. The Europe trip and practicing against his soon to be teammates should buffer that transition imo.

I'll take a good shooter with length.

Adam Haluska never got his Carroll teams to state either. He worked out pretty well.

I'm also a Roosevelt guy...son was 1 year ahead of Jok during his time at TRHS. I think his attitude will improve when he's with Fran and away from another person currently too heavily involved in his life. If you have inside information like myself you know the person being referenced. The kid needs someone like Fran to show him the (right) way.

I don't put the transfer on Jok...have let it go regardless. Also, this was the worst possible draw for Jok. There was a lot of bad blood due to the transfer. TRHS...especially the coach...never wanted any game more than this one IMO.

2) What really worries me is potential attitude/leadership. I don't want to plant some 'bad attitude' seed, but as a Roosevelt guy, I think he's selfish. The way in which he carries himself, the way in which he transferred, it all sort of bothers me. Add to that the fact that he should of been much more successful at Valley.. and I'm worried. I agree with what someone said earlier, you like to see a great HS player lead his team to state.

I don't know who else is on that team but in class 4A you almost need a couple Division 1 or 2 prospects in order to win State. Last year Woodbury got them there but lost to a loaded IC West team that had 3 division 1 players on the team (Lohaus, Alexander, and Morgan).