No-Huddle Offense

Who specifically would you define as "they"?

There's no right or wrong answer in my opinion, I'm just curious if the board thinks all of the coaching staff is on board or if it is something Davis wants to run it KF is on the fence about it (or vice versa).

I doubt if KF is totally on board. If he could always be able to run the ball like in 2002-3 and 2008-9 with waggle play-action passing, and stout defense and special teams he would try to ram that down each opponents throat.

Dont forget that formula has won Bama 3 titles in the past 4 or 5 years.

I think that running that zone read out of shotgun and the no huddle gives opposing teams much more difficulty in preparing for the hawks. I like the variety and the ability to get to the line of scrimmage quick after a good first down play.

I like that we used it as much as we did and hope we use it some during the season but I don't think we need to be a primary no huddle. If we practice out of the no huddle it will help us in multiple ways...if we do run it a lot we will be used to it. We will be better equipped for the 2 min drill even if we don't use it a lot in games. The defense will be better equipped to combat the no huddle offense because they will be better conditioned and used to it.

I like that we used it as much as we did and hope we use it some during the season but I don't think we need to be a primary no huddle. If we practice out of the no huddle it will help us in multiple ways...if we do run it a lot we will be used to it. We will be better equipped for the 2 min drill even if we don't use it a lot in games. The defense will be better equipped to combat the no huddle offense because they will be better conditioned and used to it.

Wow. Just watching Kirk's interview currently on On Iowa Live (KCRG 9.2) he just mentioned the no huddle was good for the defense to practice against and good for the offense because other teams will not know how much Iowa will run it. Again, no commitment from Kirk how much Iowa will use it, but you were spot on here.

I doubt if KF is totally on board. If he could always be able to run the ball like in 2002-3 and 2008-9 with waggle play-action passing, and stout defense and special teams he would try to ram that down each opponents throat.

Dont forget that formula has won Bama 3 titles in the past 4 or 5 years.

I think that running that zone read out of shotgun and the no huddle gives opposing teams much more difficulty in preparing for the hawks. I like the variety and the ability to get to the line of scrimmage quick after a good first down play.

Alabama would have won titles no matter what they decided to do on offense.

I hope they ditch the whole No-Huddle concept. KF is clearly not comfortable with it. Even if they use it early it will only be a matter of time before he reins it in. The first sign of trouble or heaven forbid a turnover = see ya later. No use in wasting time on it.

I tend to agree with this. I think kirk has been talked into it but when it comes down to it he will always find a reason to not run it. He will have every intention to run it, he just won't be able to pull the trigger. Unless of course we are up big.

I don't think we will use the no huddle often, but I think we should (and will) use it to create mismatches for the opposing defense. For example, we could bring in more of a running personnel package- 2 WR, 1 TE, Weisman at FB and Bullock/Canzeri at RB. That gives us options to create mismatches by splitting CJ and Bullock/Canzeri out and having them covered by LB's. That would also spread the defense out and give the OL and Weisman more room to attack the middle of the defense with the run.

by the way, lets not confuse no-huddle with hurry up. If a QB has to stand there staring at the sidelines for 5-10 seconds, they've lost the "hurry". Its up to the coaches to get that play in to the team asap.

No huddle? Seriously? This is the same coach/team that earned a delay of game penalty trying to run a hurry up offense. That coach/team?

by the way, lets not confuse no-huddle with hurry up. If a QB has to stand there staring at the sidelines for 5-10 seconds, they've lost the "hurry". Its up to the coaches to get that play in to the team asap.

This is true but if the offense gets in the formation they typically have hot calls to morph into a hurry up if the defense tries to sub out. And in 2 min drill you run the no huddle and just stay in similar formations to get the play in quicker. We can use the no huddle to dictate match ups and the hurry up to keep teams honest. We should use each periodically but I don't think we should do it exclusively as huddling is useful at times.

No, that isn't a joke. It seems like all the teams have a name for their "no huddle" offense. Why not the "Flying Kinnick!!"

Dont forget that formula has won Bama 3 titles in the past 4 or 5 years....
Ah, Bama had an outstanding defense those 4 years.

I was very impressed with how quick and efficient they ran the offense on saturday....basically the whole scrimmage without a single huddle,but with no hitches.

I think if they continue to look this good doing it in practice, KF will employ it as much as Davis wants...which means we will see it fairly often.

But is going no huddle or hurry up good for us? Just because others are doing it doesn't necessarily mean we should. If we can't move the ball this will just give it back to the other team much quicker, putting our d on the field more. Dunno, but just because its sexy doesn't always mean we should do it

But is going no huddle or hurry up good for us? Just because others are doing it doesn't necessarily mean we should. If we can't move the ball this will just give it back to the other team much quicker, putting our d on the field more. Dunno, but just because its sexy doesn't always mean we should do it

No red-blooded American man would say such a thing.

No, that isn't a joke. It seems like all the teams have a name for their "no huddle" offense. Why not the "Flying Kinnick!!"

because it's beyond tasteless. Nile Kinnick is the one thing that is sacred among Iowa fans. He won the Heisman, gave the best acceptance speech ever, turned down pro ball to fight in WW2 and DIED flying a plane so essentially you're making the most tasteless "joke" ever.

Latest posts