No 3 TE set-No 5 receiver spread set- just the same old same old

uihawk82

No variety, no counter action and counter plays, no offense. We cant have tevaun smith, powell, KMM, bullock, and one other receiver in a spread 5 receiver set just once in this game. bagezzus.

Two evenly matched defenses today but Wisky's offense much better once they broke out of bad field position.

Did we use the 3 TE set once, i am not sure?

If anyone on here has an answer lets hear it? Underachieving and low scoring offense. My answer is to use more variability and more counter action. Wisky used the fake on the jet sweep well to hold and get our defense out of position just enough times to make big plays.

The hawks need to find some way to break all their offensive tendencies and we all know what those tendencies are.

The other team's defenses are all over our playcalling. We need to throw deeper routes and different routes out of different formations.

We need some deception on the running game. Wisky and NW had multiple fake handoffs today and last week.

We are not talented enough to pound someone for 60 minutes.

How are we so successful with 3 tight end sets against OSU then completely bail on it the next 2 games? It's one thing if they saw something on filmthat made them think it wouldn't work. But what we do doesn't work anyway. So weird. I swear Kirk just wants to say F U to the media and fans after making such a big deal after the OSU game.

How are we so successful with 3 tight end sets against OSU then completely bail on it the next 2 games? It's one thing if they saw something on filmthat made them think it wouldn't work. But what we do doesn't work anyway. So weird. I swear Kirk just wants to say F U to the media and fans after making such a big deal after the OSU game.

It does seem like that sometimes.

That would explain all the internet legends we have. Fans get excited about a player and make a big deal about him, Kirk finds out about it, Kirk says F U fans and sits player.

This is sarcasm by the way... Maybe.

No variety, no counter action and counter plays, no offense. We cant have tevaun smith, powell, KMM, bullock, and one other receiver in a spread 5 receiver set just once in this game. bagezzus.

Two evenly matched defenses today but Wisky's offense much better once they broke out of bad field position.

If anyone on here has an answer lets hear it? Underachieving and low scoring offense. My answer is to use more variability and more counter action. Wisky used the fake on the jet sweep well to hold and get our defense out of position just enough times to make big plays.

Horrible offensive game plan..doesn't help that Wiscy gets a bye week to prepare for us. We had great field position all 1st half and did little with it. The defense played a very good game and kept us in it. We are a better team this year, but not good enough. We better win at PU or there will be a melt down of epic proportions.

Horrible offensive game plan..doesn't help that Wiscy gets a bye week to prepare for us. We had great field position all 1st half and did little with it. The defense played a very good game and kept us in it. We are a better team this year, but not good enough. We better win at PU or there will be a melt down of epic proportions.

It's certainly not a given W, but OSU did whatever they wanted to them today. Regardless. the above bears repeating. We better win at PU or there will be a melt down of epic proportions

It's certainly not a given W, but OSU did whatever they wanted to them today. Regardless. the above bears repeating. We better win at PU or there will be a melt down of epic proportions

Nah. I think it would be nothing to see , people would be slightly surprised at best.
Losing is what kf does.

I hear ya, we have got to be more effective running the ball and it starts with the effectiveness of our blocking schemes. Maybe look at what Wisconsin does with their running game. The stretch play is old. Weisman had some good runs between the tackles in the 1st qtr and those were the only good running plays of the quarter. I think the run by Canzeri was a counter play.

Wisconsin again ran the ball 70% of the time so they are going to win a lot of 2nd halfs. We pretty much shut them down the 1st half but they wore us down eventually.

Have we ever run an empty set with 5 WR's on the field (in the GD era)? I heard Spielman say something that people say about Iowa, about how Wisky keeps their "base" defensive personnel grouping on the field for most plays. I have to think that even our 5th best WR has a chance to work free against an LB.

If I recall correctly that Canzeri run was simply a zone play where they overpursued and Canzeri made a sweet little cutback to the backside. I think...

Have we ever run an empty set with 5 WR's on the field (in the GD era)? I heard Spielman say something that people say about Iowa, about how Wisky keeps their "base" defensive personnel grouping on the field for most plays. I have to think that even our 5th best WR has a chance to work free against an LB.

If I recall correctly that Canzeri run was simply a zone play where they overpursued and Canzeri made a sweet little cutback to the backside. I think...

I think it was a cutback by design.

I hear ya, we have got to be more effective running the ball and it starts with the effectiveness of our blocking schemes. Maybe look at what Wisconsin does with their running game. The stretch play is old. Weisman had some good runs between the tackles in the 1st qtr and those were the only good running plays of the quarter. I think the run by Canzeri was a counter play.

Wisconsin again ran the ball 70% of the time so they are going to win a lot of 2nd halfs. We pretty much shut them down the 1st half but they wore us down eventually.

That run was a basic zone blocking, stretch type play but Canzeri saw the overpursuit and the cutback lane like the way Freddy Russell used to do it

Latest posts