Nittany Lion Wrestling Announces Stellar 2011 Recruiting Class

I love wrestling and do not follow as closely as some of you, but do you think Sanders could become the next Gable? I know Gable is a rarity but Sanders has shown he knows how to recruit and in two short seasons he has done an amazing job with the Nittany Lions. I know he is not as intense on the sidelines as Gable, but he does have the pedigree. Thoughts?

I love wrestling and do not follow as closely as some of you, but do you think Sanders could become the next Gable? I know Gable is a rarity but Sanders has shown he knows how to recruit and in two short seasons he has done an amazing job with the Nittany Lions. I know he is not as intense on the sidelines as Gable, but he does have the pedigree. Thoughts?

No. If Sanderson was so good he would have stayed at Iowa State and won a title there.

Brands is closer to Gable than Cael is; 3 to 1 in the championship category. Last year Iowa had a rebuilding year and got 3rd and at one point on Saturday was in the lead. Penn State had a rebuilding year two years ago and got ninth with a total of 49 points.

With all that being said, I think Cael is great for the sport and will prevent Brands from posting Gable like numbers; he is in a great hotbed of high school talent. It could also be said that we have really yet to see him develop a wrestler (there are good arguments against that theory though). I want to see how he does when he has to start spreading the scholarship money around. IMO, wrestlers from Iowa and the surrounding area sacrifice scholarship money in order to wrestle for Iowa. Penn St. does not have the history, but maybe they will be able to pull that off as well.

Latest posts