## NIT TOURNEY THREAD ##

Any team with strong guard play and an athletic interior play can beat NW. Unfortunately I do not put us in that category and losing to them three times would be too much. Shurna only had 9 and they still beat us. The pac 12 is so awful, I am not sure what to expect from their NIT entries.

Akron could beat NW,just like Dayton could beat Iowa. Akron is a good team that narrowly missed advancing to the NCAA by losing their conference tourny title by 2 points. With parity in college bb, there are more than 40-50 good teams. They were saying that there were 112 teams that won more than 20 games this year.

I think parity in college bb means that winning the NIT is tougher than ever,and teams like Dayton(who won two years ago,beating Illini in the process) narrowly miss out on the NCAA but could just as easily win some games in the dance if they get there.
Iowa needs to play very well early,get the crowd rocking,and hold on...
then pray for LSU to beat Oregon(who have won 11 of 14) and get LSU at Carver,and repeat the formula for Dayton. Then, with momentum,maybe get a win in the qters,and go to NYC!!

Talk about your lack of respect for an entire conference. Washington wins the Pac10, wins 23 games and doesn't get an NCAA invite. Will they be ****** or apathetic?

Exactly. I think apathetic is the much more likely response though NW isn't exactly going to be thrilled to be playing in the NIT either. I think it's fair to say that a majority of teams are disappointed to be playing in the NIT. Iowa is one of the few teams that will be excited because it was unexpected and it's been so long since we've had any kind of postseason play.

It's all a crapshoot ... just as likely we are playing Akron if we can make it to the 3rd round

So hypothetically speaking, do we know what day we would play the 2nd round game? The website indicates 2nd round games are March 15-19th but no specifics for each 'region' as to who would play when. Any guesses?

So hypothetically speaking, do we know what day we would play the 2nd round game? The website indicates 2nd round games are March 15-19th but no specifics for each 'region' as to who would play when. Any guesses?

They keep it flexible because they aren't sure what the travel situation and arena availability will be. Won't know until late Tuesday night.

I am sure a lot depends on the availability of arenas, ESPN, and the NCAA tourney schedule. If Iowa was to win along with LSU I would not be surprised to see Iowa playing again on Thursday in CHA.

I have heard Friday being kicked around. It will be at Oregon if they win or another home game for Iowa if LSU wins.

LSU is the #6 seed, IA is #7...why would the game be at CVA? Thought I read that this would be the only game at home.

I hope it is saturday,and that the Hawks beat Dayton,and get LSU at Carver. Now that would be the ideal tailgating opportunity. Still gonna be 70 degrees, all afternoon to grill, party ,watch NCAA bb...perfect tailgating setup. The University should endorse it,but they will not.

So, who we rooting for tonite?
Obviously...The Hawks.
Then..

LSU over Oregon
NW over Akron
Would not mind Washington getting beat to clear out the #1 seed,just in case the Hawks advance that far.
Minny tomorrow nite...go Big Ten.
UNI tomorrow nite...Go Iowa.

Actually a very busy nite of college bb action between the play-in games in Dayton and the NIT.
Go Hawkeyes...BEAT THOSE FLYERS!!

Does anyone know if parking for the game is first-come, first-served?

The NW game was close to a sell out and I got there an hour before tipoff, I had no issues with parking. I have never came in from the melrose side but if you come in from the south they usually direct you into Finkbine.

Have $5 ready.

Latest posts