NIT selection process

Even Fran is talking NIT so that must be where we are going. At least we aren't declining like some schools.

I would expect the Hawks to get a 1st round home game. Sometimes the NIT makes for interesting matchups, pitting teams against each other that might not normally play each other. Say, UNI at Iowa, although I have no idea if UNI is NIT bound.

I was happy to see that a regular season champion no longer getting an automatic NIT bid, that was putting too many not so good teams inito the tourney. Should have better overall balance this way.

I put NIT bracketology in the Google machine just to see what it would spit out. Everything points to hosting Bradley on Tuesday or Des Moines or the Quad Cities getting that game on Monday.

I put NIT bracketology in the Google machine just to see what it would spit out. Everything points to hosting Bradley on Tuesday or Des Moines or the Quad Cities getting that game on Monday.
I'm one who wants to see these guys play and succeed in NIT.

Hope the coaches' forward-looking brain cells are firing and Harding - Freeman - Dix - Sanford & Dembele get major minutes together. Perk, Krikke, P-Mac ... I get they'll have their normal spots starting / in the rotation but unless they're really contibuting, go for the future.

I can see Carver on Tuesday. Then, since women host on the weekend, a move to TaxSlayer, in Moline-QCA makes so much sense. In fact, might be good idea to "host" entire tourney there.
-- Hometown crowd will show up to watch Harding & Freeman. I've noticed many new "Hawkeye" fans show up at bars on Iowa side of QCA on gameday - especially for B10+ and Peacock games - specifically cheering for those 2.
-- It's a lot smaller than Des Moines and will offer more "crowd" perception for any TV eyes.
-- It's closer to Bradley.

If they play here I'll go for sure.

I'm one who wants to see these guys play and succeed in NIT.

Hope the coaches' forward-looking brain cells are firing and Harding - Freeman - Dix - Sanford & Dembele get major minutes together. Perk, Krikke, P-Mac ... I get they'll have their normal spots starting / in the rotation but unless they're really contibuting, go for the future.

I can see Carver on Tuesday. Then, since women host on the weekend, a move to TaxSlayer, in Moline-QCA makes so much sense. In fact, might be good idea to "host" entire tourney there.
-- Hometown crowd will show up to watch Harding & Freeman. I've noticed many new "Hawkeye" fans show up at bars on Iowa side of QCA on gameday - especially for B10+ and Peacock games - specifically cheering for those 2.
-- It's a lot smaller than Des Moines and will offer more "crowd" perception for any TV eyes.
-- It's closer to Bradley.

If they play here I'll go for sure.

I think the crowd will actually be better if the game is in Des Moines or the Quad Cities.

Among other events, Blake Shelton is playing at the TaxSlayer on March 26 or 27. That might take the Quad Cities out of the running for a second round game.

Remember the year the women had to play an NCAA game on the road because Carver had a Guns N Roses concert booked. It was one of the reasons Stringer moved on. Her comment, a justifiable one, was that if it were the men, they would have kept the whole month of March open.

Among other events, Blake Shelton is playing at the TaxSlayer on March 26 or 27. That might take the Quad Cities out of the running for a second round game.

Remember the year the women had to play an NCAA game on the road because Carver had a Guns N Roses concert booked. It was one of the reasons Stringer moved on. Her comment, a justifiable one, was that if it were the men, they would have kept the whole month of March open.
Hope not but I think men Hawks will be done before March 26 :confused:

Latest posts