Nico Law just said on Twitter....

INTIMIDATORHawk

That Jeremiah Hendy might be trying to back out of his LOI to Maryland and come to Iowa.

Something about Maryland firing their DB coach, who is the reason why Hendy wanted to go there in the first place.

Here are his tweets:

Nico Law
Kill RT @4EvaHumble_Lo @realk_patterson they gon fire md db coach afta mike and hendy sign and the db coach was the only reason they signed

Nico Law
**** yes!! $$$$ RT @4EvaHumble_Lo @danicolaw yea son hendy tryna come out wit us now

Nico Law

They did my manz HENDY DIRTY!!

Nico Law

I hope Jeremiah can make that move down iowa

Last edited:
Letter of intents are binding ... the only way Hendy can leave is if Maryland is willing to release him from the binding contract. Many places aren't so "nice" about that.

Sounds similar to what Nebraska did with some of their recruits. It would be awesome if he would be able to get out of his LOI. He was a great looking prospect and very quick.

On that radio show they had on signing day, I think hendy really seen the fan support Iowa had compared to Maryland. On the call in almost all callers were Iowa fans, and I dont recall too many Terps calling in.

I would love for him to play for us, but unfortunately he made his choice and I hope that KF just leaves this one alone.

I am sure Iowa would be open to this guy, but you make your own bed, so to speak. That said, if a kid does not want to be there, not sure why a school would not let him go. Although, its certainly routine for schools to pull this type of thing.

Doubt Maryland would let him out of it. But, if he were willing to lose a year and come here anyway, that would be fine as well. Certainly wouldn't advise him to do that, but if he wanted to I wouldn't turn up my nose.

Doubt Maryland would let him out of it. But, if he were willing to lose a year and come here anyway, that would be fine as well. Certainly wouldn't advise him to do that, but if he wanted to I wouldn't turn up my nose.

Would he really lose a year? Wouldn't it be like redshirting for a year? Which would probably help him in the end anyways.

Just saw this on Nico's twitter, its to bad for Hendy. I can't see Maryland letting him out of his contract that easy although it would be nice for Iowa. You can't turn down a good recruit.

I am sure Iowa would be open to this guy, but you make your own bed, so to speak. That said, if a kid does not want to be there, not sure why a school would not let him go. Although, its certainly routine for schools to pull this type of thing.

Except he thought he was sleeping in a different bed. This is as bad as it gets for kids who sign.

Would he really lose a year? Wouldn't it be like redshirting for a year? Which would probably help him in the end anyways.

If Maryland let him out of his LOI, he could petition to play right away (like Ben Brust did at Wisky). Failing that, it's like any other transfer where you have to sit a year, but it's like a redshirt.

However, if you transfer without being released from your scholarship, you have to sit a year, and that's a year of eligibility gone. So he could play in 2012, but he'd be a true sophomore.

That Jeremiah Hendy might be trying to back out of his LOI to Maryland and come to Iowa.

Something about Maryland firing their DB coach, who is the reason why Hendy wanted to go there in the first place.

Here are his tweets:

Nico Law
Kill RT @4EvaHumble_Lo @realk_patterson they gon fire md db coach afta mike and hendy sign and the db coach was the only reason they signed

Nico Law
**** yes!! $$$$ RT @4EvaHumble_Lo @danicolaw yea son hendy tryna come out wit us now

Nico Law

They did my manz HENDY DIRTY!!

Nico Law

I hope Jeremiah can make that move down iowa

something tells me rhetoric classes at Iowa don't have the same standards or expectations as when I attended. How do you text like that all day, every day, and then suddenly turn it on and speak/write in a language known as English.

tryna = better make pro b/c going to be a little hard pressed to make it in the business world.

If Maryland let him out of his LOI, he could petition to play right away (like Ben Brust did at Wisky). Failing that, it's like any other transfer where you have to sit a year, but it's like a redshirt.

However, if you transfer without being released from your scholarship, you have to sit a year, and that's a year of eligibility gone. So he could play in 2012, but he'd be a true sophomore.

This is all the same as the Brust situation. The kid chose a school for a specific coach. Now that coach is gone. He's yet to enroll in classes, so imo, the NCAA has already set a precedence with this situation.

This is all the same as the Brust situation. The kid chose a school for a specific coach. Now that coach is gone. He's yet to enroll in classes, so imo, the NCAA has already set a precedence with this situation.

The NCAA (in all of its wisdom) might not view choosing a school for a position coach in the same light as choosing a school for the head coach. If Hendy were to appeal, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned him down (they're stupid like that).

The NCAA did not set a precedent with Brust. Barta in his wisdom let him out of his commitment without checking to see if the Big Ten was going to adhere to their in-conference transfer rules. The B10 said since Brust had not registered for classes, the in-conference rule did not apply. So the B10 set a precedent. The NCAA didn't have anything to do with it, because Iowa released both he and Larson.

This situation really does show the disgrace of the SEC oversigning issue. The LOI apparently is only binding for the student.

Latest posts