Nico law -forgotten man?

Kirk is probably worried about nico getting burned long...... Good thing Steele was off on the long ball.

Donatell got burned may of times on the deep ball but Jantz missed the open WR. Nico is a lot faster and if he does get burned at least he'd have the speed to recover.

Sounded like in camp that Law can hit like no other on the team, but his coverage skills aren't great.

I didn't have a problem with Donatell yesterday. His INT was pretty nice.

Not one person here has any idea what Nico Law is or isn't. The coaches actually see them in practice.

Not one person here has any idea what Nico Law is or isn't. The coaches actually see them in practice.

Thank you. To second-guess the coaches' decisions based on glimpses of the players in game situations and Youtube videos of scrimmages is bad enough. To think oneself such an astute observer of talent that one can proclaim that the coaches must have some sort of other motivation to play those players besides a simple difference of opinion regarding their talent level borders on cuckoo-land.

If u want to second guess playing time... start with the O that scored 6 pts not a D that only gave up 9.

True, but Ferentz has said that both Tommy and Nico are capable of starting. I think it is fair to question why he isn't out there getting any time on the field.

I don't know if Law should start ahead of Donnatel. So far the D has been plenty good. That said, the goodwill and benefit of the doubt, especially for message board discussion purposes, is dry.

Tim Dodge started ahead of Matt Stockdale.
Kyle McCann started ahead of Brad Banks.
It took over half a season for Bob Sanders to start ahead of whichever upper classman was ahead of him.
If I recall correctly it took Yanda several games to solidify a starting spot.
Paki O'Meara started ahead of Adam Robinson and Brandon Wegher to begin the season.
Marcus Schnoor was ahead of both Damian Sims and Shonn Greene for several weeks.
Jake Christensen played ahead of Stanzi.
Chris Oliver I recall started/played ahead of CJ Jones in 2001.
Collin Sleeper actually started the season ahead of Bernstine last year - yes Sleeper broke camp somehow starting ahead of hte best player on the team.
Aaron Greving would have started over Fred Russell - if Greving didn't get hurt we may never have seen Russel get any meaningful PT...

None of the above playing time battles were even close IMO. Obviously that is in hindsight, but what in god's name happened during camp last year that caused Sleeper to start ahead of Bernstine? There is a definite history of odd playing time choices under this staff. I don't think for a minute the staff isn't playing the players they feel give them the best chance to win. My concern is that they put way, way too high a premium on understanding the system ahead of raw talent. Unless a playmaker is just dumb as a box of rocks and can't figure out where to line up, I think you need to put your playmakers on the field - they win games. No one was caught out of position more than Bob Sanders, but he made plays...

Point being it wouldn't shock me in the least if Law breaks the starting lineup in a few weeks and we all ask collectively where the heck this guy has been all season. Donatell made some good plays yesterday, but he definitely got burnt several times.

Yeah but non homers saw Donatell get beat badly numerous times by Horn yesterday.

And so the guy whose reputation is that of a guy who hits like a Mack truck, but whose cover skill are severely lacking, will be better?

Donatell played well. Yes, he got burned a couple times. Law is faster, but he's also more likely to put himself out of position (if his reputation is true).

Seriously, maybe Law just isn't ready. But nobody ever considers that possibility.

Latest posts