Nick Wilson OLB- WDM Dowling

Going along the line of thinking of some here then the schollys dolled out to Meir, Ott, Vandeberg, etc, etc, I could go on and on were bad. Hell 3 of our starting Dlinemen were like 2 star nobodies. Meir and Parker weren't even DEs coming out of HS and they are playing in the Rose Bowl... I used to try and read the tea leaves on recruits and the classes... But I'm sorry KF for having to recruit the way he's had to gets the benefit of the doubt from me. He's had too much success along the years. Tell me what other coach out there could or has had 9 plus win seasons with as many new yrs day bowls as Iowa has with the recruiting classes being ranked as they've been?

I don't ever question their recruiting anymore. They've turned far too many unheralded recruits into excellent collegiate players, and in some cases NFL players. It's just dumb to question their offers at this point no matter how many stars they have next to their name. They know what they're looking for and they damn sure know how to develop.

I'm actually on the flip side of it. I'm going to start predicting guys like Coy Kirkpatrick, Jacob Coons, Cole Banwart, and Austin Schulte are going to be studs so that when they turn out to be I can re-post this and pat myself on the back.

Among our 11 projected defensive starters on D for the Rose Bowl, Jaleel, Lomax and Marcus Taylor were the only ones with another Power 5 offer.

Among our 11 projected defensive starters on D for the Rose Bowl, Jaleel, Lomax and Marcus Taylor were the only ones with another Power 5 offer.

As they say, football the ultimate team sport, where you have to have 11 guys on the field playing together in all aspects for 60 minutes.

Also, I saw Wilson play in person during his junior and senior year. What Josey said about him doesn't surprise me at all. Kid has good size, can run and is physical.

Credit comes with on-the-field results and this season they got results and then some so the credit is due.

staff has had many, many great results both in collective success and individual success. from the start. bcs level wins, several top ten end of the season finishes, coaches of the year, assistant coaches of the year, nearly every individual award outside of the heisman - which we had a second place winner - just because these guys don't win to satisfy every fan's 'required' amount of winning, doesn't mean that these guys have forgotten how to coach and spot and then develop talent.

I heard the staff was going to honor all the eight man football players on the team by only playing eight men on defense for Stanford's first possession in the Rose Bowl Game. They sound pretty confident of their chances to get off blocks and make tackles with just eight guys out there.

I heard the staff was going to honor all the eight man football players on the team by only playing eight men on defense for Stanford's first possession in the Rose Bowl Game. They sound pretty confident of their chances to get off blocks and make tackles with just eight guys out there.

#newkirk

Amazed at the pure stupidity of posters on the IA football sites. Ditto with critics of basketball coaching staff and players. Idiots that actually think they are informed and understand sports. Coach Ferentz and wrestling coaches, hoops coaches, etc. just keep impressing me. Great athletics department.
Hoops victory over MSU enough proof. Beathard - Gessel and yes Wilson at linebacker. So proud of the coaches and their teaching abilities.
Trolls on these sites are really annoying losers.

Latest posts