Nick Wilson OLB- WDM Dowling

wartknight

I see you guys just offered today. Great kid and great player. Was starting varsity QB his soph year when Boyle went down and an absolute force at FS the last 2 years on title teams. Great late pickup for you.

Finally, the help we need at LB! Look out big 10 running backs!

Just comical, our recruiting is just awful. Panic mode to fill the class with fallbacks, head down to Solon Kirk, do we have anyone from there yet?

Dowling's offense and defense have been dominant the past two seasons. I'm OK with giving a guy from there a chance.

Dowling's offense and defense have been dominant the past two seasons. I'm OK with giving a guy from there a chance.

Our last four commits are flips from ISU, Eastern Michigan, Cincinnati and Western Illinois. I'm not sure what to think, these days. Maybe there is truth to the rumor that kfootball IS going to walk away after signing day????

That's like saying you're the tallest midget. Iowa high school football is bad. The kid had zero offers, that says a lot. If he is such a find, then why did we just offer? Because we missed on everybody else, and we're scrambling to fill the class.

That's like saying you're the tallest midget. Iowa high school football is bad. The kid had zero offers, that says a lot. If he is such a find, then why did we just offer? Because we missed on everybody else, and we're scrambling to fill the class.

Ignoring the fact that you're a Clown troll he was committed to Cincinnati so that right there is an offer. And I didn't say I think he'll be amazing, or even justify his signing, but he could be good who knows.

Ignoring the fact that you're a Clown troll he was committed to Cincinnati so that right there is an offer. And I didn't say I think he'll be amazing, or even justify his signing, but he could be good who knows.

Dude is a total troll, but sounds like Cincinnati pulled his offer.

I see you guys just offered today. Great kid and great player. Was starting varsity QB his soph year when Boyle went down and an absolute force at FS the last 2 years on title teams. Great late pickup for you.
Alot of these late kids are development types which is fine if they understand they need to work hard ,get stronger and bigger so when their chance to start comes their Jr year,they are ready. We just can't take attrition that hurt this program a few years ago. Angerer almost quit because of injuries and thinking he should be playing sooner..But it worked out by his Jr season.

I'm sorry, but this is a waste of a scholarship. He was committed to Western Illinois & had scholarship offers to UNI & South Dakota. Seriously!! There has to be a better option by this staff. I'm sure there's a better way to use this scholarship.

Very disappointed by this staff's efforts in recruiting.

Alot of these late kids are development types which is fine if they understand they need to work hard ,get stronger and bigger so when their chance to start comes their Jr year,they are ready. We just can't take attrition that hurt this program a few years ago. Angerer almost quit because of injuries and thinking he should be playing sooner..But it worked out by his Jr season.

Was there an NFL caliber MLB playing in front of Angerer?

This is a fantastic point, assuming that we have Des Moines Roosevelt and Sioux City West on our upcoming schedules. Otherwise, it's pretty stupid.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we compete in the B1G conference, not the CIML.

I'm usually an optimistic sort of guy, but these pick ups the last few days have been brutal. An undersized DL from Pella who had his offer pulled and a kid from Dowling who was headed to Western Illinois. At this point, it's like they're not even trying. It's like they pulled the Register's all state list and looked to see who was committed where and chose the kids who they felt they had the best chance of flipping.

Brutal...just brutal!

Iowa’s been courting Wilson for a long time. Now it looks like were going to add Angelo Garbutt an OLB from Texas, solid offer list, visited Nebby this weekend.

Iowa’s been courting Wilson for a long time. Now it looks like were going to add Angelo Garbutt an OLB from Texas, solid offer list, visited Nebby this weekend.
We were "courting" him to try and get him to walk-on, not for a full scholarship. There's a reason that you bring a kid in on a bunch of visits without every offering him a scholarship. It's because you're trying to do everything that you can think of to avoid doing so. And where's your info on Garbutt coming from? Link?

We were "courting" him to try and get him to walk-on, not for a full scholarship. There's a reason that you bring a kid in on a bunch of visits without every offering him a scholarship. It's because you're trying to do everything that you can think of to avoid doing so. And where's your info on Garbutt coming from? Link?

The coaching staff is very familiar with him, they’ve kept in close contact over the past couple years. Don’t you see how that is better than a 6’1 DE recruit out of Pella we’ve never heard of? I’ve seen Wilson play and as a FS he’s got the ability in pass coverage and tackling in space that we are currently lacking at the LB position.

As for Garbutt, it’s premium info, but just take a look at the “Crystal ball.†http://247sports.com/Player/Angelo-Garbutt-37138

The fact that the staff is so familiar with him and waited literally the last possible second to offer him should tell you something, and it's not good. At least the kid from Pella had an actuall D1 offer at some point this season.

The last possible second is not 4 days before signing day. Have you never heard of a fallback recruit or what? Btw the other kid’s cincy offer was revoked.

Nebby didn’t pull Garbutt’s offer, that was Husker fan speculation becuase he didn’t commit. Also, were his offers from Texas Tech, Mizzou, Oregon State, etc. pulled?

Last edited:
The last possible second is not 4 days before signing day. Have you never heard of a fallback recruit or what? Btw the other kid’s cincy offer was revoked.Nebby didn’t pull Garbutt’s offer, that was Husker fan speculation becuase he didn’t commit. Also, were his offers from Texas Tech, Mizzou, Oregon State, etc. pulled?
I said that the Pella kid "had" a D1 offer at one point, as opposed to this loser from Dowling that nobody wanted, ever. I guess it took our crack staff months to properly evaluate him, that's why he was offered less than 72 hours before signing day. Uh huh, sure. Something definitely happened with Garbutt in Lincoln, there's no question about that. What it was remains to be seen, but this kid is a giant red flag already. At the rate that we chase quality athletes out of the program, I bet he doesn't last a semester here.

Latest posts