Nick Toon before McNutt????

You'd think this would make people realize they may have a bias since he wore black and gold. Great Hawkeye, but may never amount to anything in the NFL. Doesn't have top end speed, isn't overly athletic or agile based on NFL comparisons, struggled mightily against top caliber corners.

There are plenty of WRs who are physically more talented than Marvin who never amounted to anything in the NFL. Marvin has already exceeded every WR expectation of him by becoming arguably the best WR in Iowa history after being recruited as a QB.

Just doesn't have a lot of NFL upside. Deal with it.

Or he has shown a tremendous work ethic and a desire to get better as a player. And is willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.
Which most teams in the NFL would desire.

I've been saying the same thing for quite some time, and been accused of not knowing anything about football because of it. Great Hawkeye, and I'll always love the guy, but that doesn't get you to the NFL

Or he has shown a tremendous work ethic and a desire to get better as a player. And is willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.
Which most teams in the NFL would desire.

You're right... No other receiver in this year's draft has those qualities...

Speed is a must and that's def not his strong point. Its actually not a huge shock to see him fall this much.

Take off the black and gold colored glasses, then analyze.

I'm not saying he should have been taken in the first round, or even the first 3 rounds, but go read what Soup says about him.....now, with that said, Soup isn't an NFL scout, but he's been around some good WR's.

Then add in that he's been playing the position for 3 years. He'll get an opportunity and he'll end up being a productive NFL WR in my opinion. Every player has warts. It's all about the work they put in, and what they do with the opportunity they get to play. I wouldn't bet against MM on either account.

Yeah speed is great but his size is pretty tough. I like burners but I also love possession receivers that can block. Hopefully he gets drafted soon to a running like the broncos, ravens, stealers where that blocking ability will be showcased.

Latest posts