Nicholas Baer

Is there seriously no video of what happened to Baer out there? It would have been somewhere in the open court. It wasn't in a scrum in the lane or anything. I know it was away from the play but still. If their guy swung an elbow up that high as their going down the court hard enough to cause that the kid should have been kicked out.

Is there seriously no video of what happened to Baer out there? It would have been somewhere in the open court. It wasn't in a scrum in the lane or anything. I know it was away from the play but still. If their guy swung an elbow up that high as their going down the court hard enough to cause that the kid should have been kicked out.

If something nefarious happened, I'm sure the Iowa coaches can see it on their game film, which differs from the TV feed.

If something nefarious happened, I'm sure the Iowa coaches can see it on their game film, which differs from the TV feed.
I would surely think there's film of some sort of what happened. Or maybe it did happen under the hoop the prior possession in a scrum accidently. Baer may not have went down till well after it happened too. He's a tough kid.

I would surely think there's film of some sort of what happened. Or maybe it did happen under the hoop the prior possession in a scrum accidently. Baer may not have went down till well after it happened too. He's a tough kid.

I can ask at tomorrow's press conference what happened. Fran may or may not tell us. He's been pretty tight-lipped on injuries this season.

I can ask at tomorrow's press conference what happened. Fran may or may not tell us. He's been pretty tight-lipped on injuries this season.
Yeah. Well as you mentioned I would think he and the staff could have seen what happened by now so if they aren't bent out of shape about it I bet it wasn't anything nasty and nefarious to use your word. Just unfortunate. Hope he'll be alright

Yeah. Well as you mentioned I would think he and the staff could have seen what happened by now so if they aren't bent out of shape about it I bet it wasn't anything nasty and nefarious to use your word. Just unfortunate. Hope he'll be alright

Also could have been 'friendly fire'. Who knows at this point?

I wouldn't be shocked to hear it was a ruptured ear drum. When he walked off the court, you could clearly see blood in the ear canal. Not sure if this is the injury, just speculating. I have no idea if you would miss time or not because of that injury. Again, just speculation, nothing concrete to go on.
As somebody who ruptured an ear drum about a week ago, the worst part about it is that you can't hear. They are painful when they happen but the pain subsides very quickly afterwards.

I have it on good authority that the shot came from the grassy knoll. I saw a puff of smoke...but it may have been someone just using a one hitter in CHA.

He collides with a Northwestern player on our end of the court a few minutes before he crouches down and eventually leaves the game. That's where I originally thought it happened but he stayed in and even shot two free throws. If that was where it happened it was not agregious by any means. Just unfortunate.

I was going to post about Baer. No matter how the next couple games go- he's ending his career with great confidence and production. His stroke looks sweet. I hope he gets 25+ minutes a game going forward.

I was going to post about Baer. No matter how the next couple games go- he's ending his career with great confidence and production. His stroke looks sweet. I hope he gets 25+ minutes a game going forward.
I think one thing every (actual) Hawk fan on here can agree upon is we’ll miss Baer...for many reasons. Good guy. Also, he can’t go 25+ minutes. Fran has said in the past that he plays so hard every second he’s on the court that they have to take him out...often when they would rather not.

Wouldn't it something if last night was just the start a great senior postseason run? And he repeats against Michigan, and probably Wisconsin? Becomes the story of the tournament?

We will find out tonight.

Latest posts